One stroke painting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahg

Reaction score
Iminterested in trying one stroke painting on the nails and ive watched some videos i was just wondering what kind of paint to use

Iminterested in trying one stroke painting on the nails and ive watched some videos i was just wondering what kind of paint to use

As in which nail polish?
CND for me, but I take three strokes, middle, then left and right.

I think she means the one stroke for painting flowers etc, I must admit I would like to know as well as what can you seal the design on with after, any clever arty peeps out there??

Hi, I'm looking in to this, trying to learn some basic strokes.Hopefully be able to do Roses, Violet Pansy, Drangonflies and Tulips.
If you check out youtube most of the girls are using acrylic paints.When the nails are dry, gel or top coat to finish.

Do you mean acrylics as in art shop acrylics and not anything specially for nail art??

Acrylic art shop paint.

Kinetics instructors provide one stroke painting classes in London. It's a one day course. You need to master the techniques of holding the brush, collecting the paint onto the brush and getting the right consistency of the paint. It's not easy to learn by yourself as there are nobody to correct you so youvwont learn it the wrong way. I have tried myself but I would really love to learn it properly. Unfortunately there is nobody in Scotland providing that type of training at the moment.

As for the paint. The best place to get it is Hobby Craft. You can get a set of basic acrylic paints for £2.99 in small pots rather than tubes.

Hope this helps.

Just be careful buying cheap paints, they have to be highly pigmentet to do the one stroke technique.

Lilya is one of the best and gives some seriously great advise on this: YouTube - Nail Art by Liliya Sereditskaya (2 colors on the brush)

She even states what she uses, polycolor acrylic paint (and it should be waterdilluted and not the 3d kind)...

I have attented a few of her classes, unfortunately not the one-stroke technique, but she has a dvd on this, and even a whole bunch of videos on youtube (the videos from the dvd's are never published)

Ok sound like I get paid to sell for her LOL I don't I just really admire her and her work, and she's such a great help if you mail her too...

Last edited:
hi there :)
I use acrylic in the pots like nataiylia has surgested. its hard to master. dont buy the cheap paints tho it seems to wear alot.
After my painting is finished i then cure with a gel top coat to hold it in place.
this works for me :hug:

thank you guys so much i watched the video and i had heard of her before she is awesome. i tryed the on stroke last night but with cheaper paint and it done ok but im goin to go get some better kind and try it...ill post pictures f what i done last night...thank you

clear varnish will seal acrylis paint nicely and the best thing is they wont smudge when you put the varnish top coat on and the colours will come to life

You are so right, my clients are always amazed at the transformation when the clear varnish/polish goes on...

clear varnish will seal acrylis paint nicely and the best thing is they wont smudge when you put the varnish top coat on and the colours will come to life

what brands are you guys using ive tryed a kind from the crat department and it didnt have enought pigment

I have tried different cheap paints, but always return to the polycolor paint:http://www.****blick.com/products/maimeri-polycolor-fine-acrylic-colors/ I know thats an american site, but it shows you the colors quite well. It should be the water dilluted colors, and not those named 3d... Ok aparantly they start their name with an offensive word, I don't know how to make the link work then, but if you click on the link and instead of the stars write a d and then the last 3 letters in blick, you should have it.. I'm sorry if anyone finds that offensive (and mods feel free to remove my post, but the site is just paint I swear...

It's a bit more expensive, but as you only use a very very small amount every time a jar or tube last forever. I have my black and white in big jars and then some tubes with the other colors, but eventually I will buy jars all the way, as I use it a lot... (it takes me 15 min - 30 min to do 10 nails, and I charge about 1,5 gbp a minute, I know which designs takes longer and just tell clients they are more expensive)

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can buy the same type of art brush that is being used in the video to paint the one stroke designs, pretty please with knobs on???

Iryna Giblett sells them don't know if they got knobs on tho:biggrin:

No wonder I didn't get it right, I'm the sort of geek who thinks wow that's awsome but would never in a million years think of trying to do. Art and I are not close friends lol
Hope you get sorted out hun and hope you post some pics of your work so I can be awe struck all over again:)

Latest posts

Back