O'nine gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helengrace000

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone explain the difference between the tri-gel, pure gel and the one step gel from o'nine?

Also they told me they don't do gel polishes. Does that mean all their gels are for overlays? And does that make any difference to people who want a gel polish?

Thanks in advance xx

Anyone please?

As it is a relatively new system to the UK maybe there aren't many people on here using it yet. Quickest way to get your answer would be to contact the UK distributor or one of their Educators.

As it is a relatively new system to the UK maybe there aren't many people on here using it yet. Quickest way to get your answer would be to contact the UK distributor or one of their Educators.

Ah yes okay I contacted them but they confused me. Plus thought people may have an opinion with just using coloured overlays as opposed to gel polishes!! Never mind :) x

There was a thread that was closed down on here, you might be able to find it through the search facility. Not sure if it'll help though because I don't think it went into detail of the products xx

Where it says "information & colours" down the left column of their homepage is a brief description of each product.

Tri gel is an enhancement builder gel

One step is exactly as it states - a 1 step gel with no base/top coat

Pure gel is their version of gel polish.

In the description of pure gel it says:

"Long-term use of the hybrid gel polish containing solvents is harmful to human body’s respiratory system, endocrine system, nervous system and reproductive system, but more serious is the fact that it can lead to infertility and even malignant tumors in the operators or the users."

No scientific organisation or study has ever concluded anything remotely similar to the above statement.

I notice you desire cruelty free products that haven't been tested on animals? O Nine is manufactured in China where all cosmetics must be submitted for legally required animal testing.

It is worth reading this related thread to get a "feel" for the company. The way representatives comport themselves online is noteworthy. As is the closing discovery of an SG moderator:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/260193-anyone-tried-onine-products.html

Choosing ethical brands is a really admirable goal. But it is important to look beyond what a company says & do your own independent research just so that you are reassured your ethics actually are compatible :)

"Long-term use of the hybrid gel polish containing solvents is harmful to human body’s respiratory system, endocrine system, nervous system and reproductive system, but more serious is the fact that it can lead to infertility and even malignant tumors in the operators...

I thought this having seen a previous thread - I really dislike where companies use scare tactics to sell their products.

That thread beggars belief. Accusing customers of lying and whatever else - especially on a worldwide stage - is not exactly a lesson in how to sell products!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd be surprised if they hadn't been sacked, the way they reacted to the situation was so unprofessional. I don't think I'd ever want to work with them...

I agree, not a company I would want to be spending my money with after how they acted on the last thread!!

So confusing they told me not tested on animals and said don't do gel polishes cus they're harmful! Which I didn't quite understand hence why I asked my questions.

That thread is pretty shocking... I may ask about the above just to see what the response is.

Thank you though xx

If what they have told me is wrong then surely some authority needs to take done action as well. Shame as on paper they sounded good but I'm glad for salon geek because as a newbie I admit I'm quite likely to just take things at face value.

So confusing they told me not tested on animals and said don't do gel polishes cus they're harmful! Which I didn't quite understand hence why I asked my questions.

That thread is pretty shocking... I may ask about the above just to see what the response is.

Thank you though xx

If what they have told me is wrong then surely some authority needs to take done action as well. Shame as on paper they sounded good but I'm glad for salon geek because as a newbie I admit I'm quite likely to just take things at face value.

Legally every company that wants to sell or produce beauty products in china have to be tested on animals, that's why I stopped using mac makeup (have a look on PETA, there's more info on there). The not using gel polishes is just a scare tactic, I've been using them fortnightly (sometimes even more often when I get bored of a colour) for years and I've had no adverse reactions at all xx

Legally every company that wants to sell or produce beauty products in china have to be tested on animals, that's why I stopped using mac makeup (have a look on PETA, there's more info on there). The not using gel polishes is just a scare tactic, I've been using them fortnightly (sometimes even more often when I get bored of a colour) for years and I've had no adverse reactions at all xx

I think sometimes companies kind of play on words here....it won't have been tested here in the Uk so technically no lies....But legally at some point, somewhere in the world EVERY ingredient used for humans HAS to have been tested. There will be lists of tested ingredients that can be used without needing retested.

Anyway not a company I will order from again...they seemed ok when I initially emailed and ordered, but after that thread...oft!

Hi,

I know they came across wrong but they are a really nice company, maybe they let their emotions get in the way as they are very passionate about the product. (Hug) they are not tested on animals and this report states so http://www.onine-nailgel.com/attachment/view/409724.pdf

X

Hi,

I know they came across wrong but they are a really nice company, maybe they let their emotions get in the way as they are very passionate about the product. (Hug) they are not tested on animals and this report states so http://www.onine-nailgel.com/attachment/view/409724.pdf

X

I know it says it on the fact sheet but I trust PETA :/ and I'm passionate about a lot of things but I'm never rude

http://www.peta.org.uk/features/easy-way-to-go-cruelty-free/

"In some countries – China, for example – it is compulsory for any company that sells cosmetics to pay for the products to be tested on animals. This means that some companies that have been cruelty-free for years have turned their backs on their ethical policies and have started testing on animals in order to reach these lucrative developing markets."

So you mean that even though o'nine products haven't been tested (at least as they say) the ingredients probably have anyway? Xx

So you mean that even though o'nine products haven't been tested (at least as they say) the ingredients probably have anyway? Xx

This is often the case. Many years ago I worked for revlon and a friend I made worked for a company who didn't test on animals. She told me that it was a joke as everything they used had been tested on animals but the end product hadn't been. That way they were allowed to say "not tested on animals" . Don't know if companies can still get away with it but a lot is in the wording.

Vicki x

You don't often see not tested on animals on marketing as much as you used to because of this reason. End products are not tested on animals but if a company buys all different chemicals to make an end product then there is no guarantee that those are not tested on animals.

So for example you may find 'xxxx do not test on animals' they don't, but an ingredient has been.

Whilst it's true that everything once upon a time was tested on animals it's quite different to continue testing when these tests are now totally redundant. In the EU & most of the Western world animal testing for cosmetics is illegal. In China the opposite is true.

In China it is law that any new cosmetic product manufactured & sold to their market is tested on animals. If O Nine is operating legally their product line is tested on animals. These are government enforced mandatory tests which are required with any new finished product. There is a lot of lobbying with regards to this as animal testing is totally unnecessary in the modern age.

It is a common misconception that marketing content is approved, monitored & endorsed by an official body before it is published. Marketing restrictions in China are pretty non existent. In the UK it is regulated but the problem is so vast that mostly what is dealt with are companies with lots of complaints.

The content of O Nine UK is directly cut & pasted from the O Nine China website. So perhaps this truly is a case of ignorance over wilful deception.

Sadly these falsehoods attract a laudable segment of the beauty industry - those who strive for an ethical product line. To me there seems something particularly unpleasant about deceiving people who have admirable intentions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back