O'nine gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its better for you than other gel polish because it has no solvents!! Therefore less harmful.

Many Gel Polish brands don't contain solvents for the purpose of curing via evaporation as they primarily cure with UV light. A hybrid like Shellac uses UV Light but also solvents to create a coating which is generally considered easier to remove.

I do not know why anyone is purporting solvents to be dangerous in the salon. I do not know of any salons that have been cited for solvent overexposure. Solvents used for evaporation curing in the salon are very limited and typically many, many times below any kind of safety threshold level. With the advent of Gel Polishes, I would think that number has dropped even more.

It is worth keeping in mind that a solvent is a substance that can dissolve another substance. Water is a solvent. Whatever their special remover is... is a solvent.

Also comparing their MSDS to another Gel Polish like... say... Gelish makes me scratch my head in identifying how they qualify as Eco but Gelish doesn't. In fact, I don't know what being Eco really means in the context of plastic, cosmetic coatings packed with monomers, oligomers and photoinitiators. What is the qualification for Eco? I believe I read that it is because its ingredient count (which appears to be the same as Gelish too). Regardless, number of ingredients are really not as important as the %.

I love new products and applaud innovation. However I hope you leave innovation to the R&D guys, not with marketers who seem to be implying that professionals should be using the product not because of its performance and customer satisfaction - but because it is "eco", "solvent free" and "safer" than other products in the market. This feels like a heavy use of buzz words and scare tactics without substantiation. Which I believe is why some people may be confused.

While everyone is waiting for answers, I'd just like to take the opportunity please to remind everyone of an important site rule:

Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you
This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. We have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban. If you can't say it nicely, go Facebook it.

I have read through the posts and can't find anyone being disrespectful, I was interested to find out more about this product initially, however the people promoting have treated questions and those asking them in an appalling way. They have also been incredibly rude and evasive.
I think if you conduct yourself in such a way, you cannot expect either yourself or the products you are promoting to be taken very seriously. It is a shame.

I've been trying to keep out of this, but getting twitchy fingers lol

I will choose my words carefully so as not to be told my terminology is wrong or I am being derogatory....and to reiterate I did buy it from the UK supplier.

1. I bought the tri gel...nothing to say about it really as I have only tried it once.
2. I have some gel colours, 3 or 4 (not in the salon at the moment so can't remember) I found the colours nice, although a thicker
consistency than others I have used (shellac, gelish, opi, gelesse, le chat, asp,signature etc)
3. On myself and the 2 clients I applied them on they did not last as long as shellac or gelish does. (3 tries only)
4. I personally, on opening the bottles again yesterday after reading this thread do think they have a smell very similar to other
gels...sorry, maybe my nose is particularly sensitive but I can and did detect a smell.
5. The no base or top coat colour confuses me...if this is the case why was I sold both a base coat and top coat?

The sample pack I bought had no remover included, but equally no mention of a specific or complimentary remover was mentioned..whatever the ingredients are they are still listed as flammable, combustible and skin irritants.

And lastly...the ONine website offers to re label their products for those wishing to use their own branding which I find interesting...if it's such a unique product why would they want to rebrand it to all and sundry? It also makes no mention of it being an European brand simply bottled elsewhere...it is quite specific about where it was formulated and manufactured.

Hi, that can't be correct about the labelling! maybe willow or one of uber geeks can correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure that all cosmetics made outside of the EU must detail clearly on the label for example MADE IN CHINA or MADE IN THE USA.

Hi, that can't be correct about the labelling! maybe willow or one of uber geeks can correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure that all cosmetics made outside of the EU must detail clearly on the label for example MADE IN CHINA or MADE IN THE USA.

I wasn't going to comment on this anymore but of it helps products produced outside the EU must be compliant with ingredients, formulation, testing and labelling, state where manufactured and there must be a responsible person (distributor usually) residing in area of distribution involved in the product registration. INCI must be stated and MSDS available on request.

There is more but those are the basics

It also makes no mention of it being an European brand simply bottled elsewhere...it is quite specific about where it was formulated and manufactured.

I think Pinkthistle is referencing an earlier falsehood by the importer in which they stated the company was French.

In fact, and not at all hard to discover, Shanghai O'Nine Technologies Ltd are a Chinese company that produce under 2 brands: Jardin Global & O Nine. Unlike the importer's information Shanghai O'Nine OWN Jardin Global (which is French in name only) rather than the other way round. So the company is Chinese.

Last edited:
Ladies all I can say is that you are all attacking a product that is new to the market, but have you all looked closely into the market itself?? Kirsty Meakin is also using the same factory as O'NINE uk to produce ColourLock therefore I think if an attack on O'NINE is relevant in your eyes I think you should be questioning Kirsty about animal testing etc....or is it that she is known in the industry and O'NINE UK are not....yet!!
If you were to look through O'NINE online you will see Kirsty is also representing O'NINE in a show over in their country. There are some very well educated O'NINE UK educators that have always been very helpful and are incredibly informative. It's nice to see the passion that these people are showing for this product its just a shame you lot aren't giving them a go.

My nail lady uses Onine (useless at doing my own). Its the only nail product that doesn't make my fingers blister or make my eyes sore. Stays on weeks as well. Never had it taken off like the video, if anything it falls off.

My nail lady uses Onine (useless at doing my own). Its the only nail product that doesn't make my fingers blister or make my eyes sore. Stays on weeks as well. Never had it taken off like the video, if anything it falls off.

Finding this thread interesting reading

And is it not also interesting that the last two posts supporting this product are from newbies that have only just joined ! Amazing really that you have joined just at the right time to offer support to O Nine - What a coincidence ?

a newbie I am, but as a user of O'NINE myself I wanted to hear what others had to say about a product that I have found a joy to use. I come across what I can only explain as a witch hunt against a product that from what I can see none of you have given a go. I also find it strange that the same people are trying to disregard a comment from a genuine user and I feel this is nothing more than a group of people with limited knowledge attacking a new brand on the market. I also feel the behaviour of some on this site is nothing more than bullying, I have came on this sight as I enjoy using the product to have my motive questioned. Maybe it's behaviour like this that is putting others off from commenting in fear of being questioned about their motives.

I recently joined this site thinking it was for professional people and people open to new things in the industry, and I have been greeted with nothing more than negativity and bitchiness. Hardly the way the site administrators would want their site to be portrayed as!!

a newbie I am, but as a user of O'NINE myself I wanted to hear what others had to say about a product that I have found a joy to use. I come across what I can only explain as a witch hunt against a product that from what I can see none of you have given a go. I also find it strange that the same people are trying to disregard a comment from a genuine user and I feel this is nothing more than a group of people with limited knowledge attacking a new brand on the market. I also feel the behaviour of some on this site is nothing more than bullying, I have came on this sight as I enjoy using the product to have my motive questioned. Maybe it's behaviour like this that is putting others off from commenting in fear of being questioned about their motives.

I recently joined this site thinking it was for professional people and people open to new things in the industry, and I have been greeted with nothing more than negativity and bitchiness. Hardly the way the site administrators would want their site to be portrayed as!!

This is hardly a witch hunt. People have asked legitimate questions about claims that this product has made and received no answers. These are questions that any new product gets on this site - look to the IBX and Megamix threads as examples (both of questions and good answers). The questions asked of O'Nine are no different, but O'Nine reps have not only not answered the questions, they have attacked the questioner. Even in your effort to support the product, you have not responded to a single question asked. It seems that O'Nine's strategy, rather than to answer the questions and provide data, is to simply pile on more "users" and testimonials. I am happy to hear that you've had a good experience with O'Nine, but in a forum such as this, you need to come forward with facts and solid information.

Last edited:
Before I started using O'NINE I contacted O'NINE UK with my name and email and they provided me with everything I asked. From what I can see O'NINE UK have said they are willing to give you MSDS and proof of EU Compliance in regards to the so called "animal testing". Each individual person has individual requests why not just contact them with your name so they can treat you as a person not a number on a site??

Before I started using O'NINE I contacted O'NINE UK with my name and email and they provided me with everything I asked. From what I can see O'NINE UK have said they are willing to give you MSDS and proof of EU Compliance in regards to the so called "animal testing". Each individual person has individual requests why not just contact them with your name so they can treat you as a person not a number on a site??

Presumably when you come into a public forum, your intent is to address many people simultaneously. To then ask those people to make individual requests instead of answering their publicly stated questions is not just poor customer service, it's disingenuous. And many people don't want to give a manufacturer their name and contact info. The purpose of a public forum is to put a consistent message and information out to a large group of people with a variety of skills (nail techs, industry reps, chemists, business owners, etc.) to analyze and assess, to argue and debate, and to compare openly and freely. That is all that has been asked of O'Nine and every other new product here. I don't understand why that is a problem.

Last edited:
I only have the product on my nails not use it. Leave me out of your hating please.

I only have the product on my nails not use it. Leave me out of your hating please.

Don't worry chick, it wasn't hating on you, it just seems to be something that happens a lot with this product (see their last post that was blocked because they had a lot of people posting about it who weren't genuine) xx

I have nothing to say about this product, the reps have put me off. If they want to spout more rubbish about them being 'passionate' about their product too I'm not bothered, passion doesn't excuse rude, attacking behaviour. It may be the most fantastic product in the world but I still wouldn't want to use it :(

Everyone is asking the same questions.

Wouldn’t it stand to reason that customers/users would want these points addressed publicly & openly too? Wouldn’t that be the easiest way of restoring faith & reputation?

with respect Kirsty Meakin is using the same company to produce her Colourlock and I don't see anyone asking for her MSDS sheets so why O'NINE?

I've not heard of Kirsty, but if I was trailing her products I would ask...

This thread is about O Nine Gel....the clue is in the title ;)

I don't see why you have brought another product line into this or keep mentioning Kirsty Meakin, unless it is to deflect attention away from the still unanswered questions.

As many others have posted, our members are just looking for answers to questions raised from the marketing of these products. I cannot put it any better that Nancysyd and other have, plus I don't think we should need to keep repeating and repeating ourselves.

Either, there needs to be answers, or this thread and any interest in the product can just be left to drop down the boards.

with respect Kirsty Meakin is using the same company to produce her Colourlock and I don't see anyone asking for her MSDS sheets so why O'NINE?

I don’t see the relevancy.

The issue is not the factory; the issue is the claims made by O’Nine.

All we are asking is that you validate the claims made on your website & on this forum about the product range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back