O'nine gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much scraping :|

Also was totally distracted by the techs nails

Me too! At least it distracted from that awful removal.

I don't think it is proper to badmouth products here, but that removal video would make me decide against this product.

I have read all your comments, the previous thread did get out of hand and for that I sincerely apologise. My educators are very passionate about the product. The Soak Off video is an old video and the remover has since been refined and works much more efficiently, it is solvent free, Eco friendly and manufactured in the UK. With regards to testing on animals, O'nine have assured me this does not happen and they comply with European requirements. At the risk of getting another slating I do think its unfair of some to criticise when they have not tried the product, also with regards to the company attitude I can say hand on heart we aim to help and support all of our clients and customers. Looking back at the thread maybe everyone could have chosen words more carefully :)

I have read all your comments, the previous thread did get out of hand and for that I sincerely apologise. My educators are very passionate about the product. The Soak Off video is an old video and the remover has since been refined and works much more efficiently, it is solvent free, Eco friendly and manufactured in the UK. With regards to testing on animals, O'nine have assured me this does not happen and they comply with European requirements. At the risk of getting another slating I do think its unfair of some to criticise when they have not tried the product, also with regards to the company attitude I can say hand on heart we aim to help and support all of our clients and customers. Looking back at the thread maybe everyone could have chosen words more carefully :)

I am concerned that they say about Shanghai though surely this means they have to animal test? They haven't really provided me with a full explanation about this or acknowledged that they know about that law.

Also it's a bit concerning they have made claims about the dangers of polish which are unfounded.

Do you work with O'Nine? X

Ok to set the records straight here. We do not test on animals. All our products although bottled in China are Manufactured to European Laws and Standards and I have the certificates to prove this and you cannot pass their strict guidelines and be issued a GMPC Certificate and ISO22716 by the European Cosmetic Standards if you test on animals. It is law in China to test on animals for products that have the Chinese governing body but as I state we are Governed by EU Standards and all our all our raw material are sourced from Europe and America. We are passionate about our products and feel that people are making statements regarding them that have used them with no O'NINEuk conversion training or have never even used them before. I would be more than happy to demo the products to anyone who really wants to see the products in action as I am confident it can out perform any other product on the current market. I welcome constructive comments regarding our products but to just suggest that our product are tested on animals just because they are bottled in China without even knowing that we were governed by EU LAWS is unfair and untrue. I can prove my claims regarding our products & stand by them as we have nothing to hide.

Ok to set the records straight here. We do not test on animals. All our products although bottled in China are Manufactured to European Laws and Standards and I have the certificates to prove this and you cannot pass their strict guidelines and be issued a GMPC Certificate and ISO22716 by the European Cosmetic Standards if you test on animals. It is law in China to test on animals for products that have the Chinese governing body but as I state we are Governed by EU Standards and all our all our raw material are sourced from Europe and America. We are passionate about our products and feel that people are making statements regarding them that have used them with no O'NINEuk conversion training or have never even used them before. I would be more than happy to demo the products to anyone who really wants to see the products in action as I am confident it can out perform any other product on the current market. I welcome constructive comments regarding our products but to just suggest that our product are tested on animals just because they are bottled in China without even knowing that we were governed by EU LAWS is unfair and untrue. I can prove my claims regarding our products & stand by them as we have nothing to hide.

Can you explain why gel polish's are harmful but your pure gel isn't?
I've only just recently trained in gel extensions and gel polish and just wanted to know the facts on this.

Perhaps you can address this from Leaping Bunny (FAQ about the EU Cosmetics Testing Ban | Leaping Bunny)

"In 2004, the EU passed a ban on testing cosmetic products on animals. It also set a series of deadlines for eliminating the testing of cosmetic ingredients and the sale of cosmetics tested on animals. In March 2009, the testing of cosmetic ingredients within the EU was banned as well as the sale of most cosmetic products tested on animals. The final deadline is March 11, 2013, at which time the law prohibits marketing of any cosmetic products in the EU that have involved new animal testing.

What happens if a product is sold in the EU and also in a country like China where animal testing is required?

It is unlikely that the EU will force international brands to pull out of markets with animal testing requirements. Therefore, although it may appear to be inconsistent with the ban, companies may still be testing on animals to fulfill regulatory requirements in other countries."

EDIT - In re-reading this after posting it, I thought that my simple question sounded more like a confrontational challenge. It was not intended as such. I genuinely want to hear an explanation for what sounds like a confusing, if not conflicting, situation.

Last edited:
none the wiser, and Im the one who started the last thread lol at the moment trying gelicure by nubar but will see where o'nine products go on from here for the future.

none the wiser, and Im the one who started the last thread lol at the moment trying gelicure by nubar but will see where o'nine products go on from here for the future.

Lol it is all very unclear isn't it!! Ooh I am looking into Nubar let me/ us know how it's going :)

Hi Hun,

O'nine's pure gel is the equivalent of your gel polishes that we all know. The reason they state that they are not a gel polish is because it is a pure gel and not a hybrid, that said It applies the same as all the others but with the benefit of no shrinking, wrinkling, pure solid cover and the same removal (although the old video shared on hear doesn't show that).

Why not contact them for a demo? It's free and that way you'll get to see them in action and have a play :)

Hi Hun,

O'nine's pure gel is the equivalent of your gel polishes that we all know. The reason they state that they are not a gel polish is because it is a pure gel and not a hybrid, that said It applies the same as all the others but with the benefit of no shrinking, wrinkling, pure solid cover and the same removal (although the old video shared on hear doesn't show that).

Why not contact them for a demo? It's free and that way you'll get to see them in action and have a play :)

Why are other gel polishes apparently more dangerous than yours? I've been dying to know this question since someone quoted it earlier in this thread. Is it just because it's not hybrid? I've never had any adverse reactions or health problems from gel polishes xx

Still interested to know why other gel polishes are dangerous and yours are not?

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

What do you need to know? Im an educator for South East and happy to help in anyway I can?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

1st what we mean by no gel polish is....Onine is not a gel polish like other brands, we are a pure gel so no hybrid, if you like we are a gel product applied like a polish.
The one step is a gel that has the base and top all mixed in one little bottle so does what it says in the tin all in 'one step' and tri gel is our hard gel product that I adore.

We are a relatively new brand on the market and I understand it is a different product but believe me it's an amazing product. I have worked with many of the industry's gel polishes and nothing lasts like Onine and nothing applies like it. It's a pleasure to use.

Ive watched the video of removal and am shocked myself because its the easiest product to remove if done correctly.

Any educator in the UK will be more than happy to demo the product so please just ask. We are not as the previous post appears. We adore this product and for most of us we work with it daily and feel quite attached to the product. The UK distributors are two of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting and we are here to help the industry evolve.

For me the product has helped me clear of the horrible niggling cough I developed from using gel polishes, for others it means they can now wear colour on their nails because before they were allergic.

Please give us a try before you slate or judge us

Its better for you than other gel polish because it has no solvents!! Therefore less harmful.

Originally Posted by soniamarie View Post

I am an ex Nubar educator, so I know all about Gelicure!!!

Check out the "easy soak off" of 1 nail... she spends a full 2 minutes buffing first!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LpX204No5j0

OMG HORRIFIED this is so bad. I was wincing. It looked painful. Def wont be trying their products anytime soon!!!
The damaged caused by her pulling & chipping the product off is disgusting. Shame on this company for using this as a reference & marketing for their product!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

The Remover is solvent FREE???? i was pretty sure that Acetone is a solvent! In fact i am more than pretty sure! This thread is great

The Remover is solvent FREE???? i was pretty sure that Acetone is a solvent! In fact i am more than pretty sure! This thread is great

Hi Maddy,

We do not use Acetone to remove. We have our own SOLVENT FREE remover that breaks down the product with very little effort.

As for the Video, that is NOT the correct removal. The video is 2 years old and no idea who it is but we are looking into it and that is not what we are about at all.

Hope that helps you. Any more questions please feel free to ask

Hi,

The video shown is NOT the correct removal. The video is 2 years old and no idea who it is but we are looking into it and that is not what we are about at all.

Hope that helps you. Any more questions please feel free to ask

My god that video 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back