O'nine gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Acetone free remover that removes a gel polish? What are the ingredients? the INCI?

I am not asking anything confidential as the ingredients by law have to be on the bottle (or the book)

thanks x

Acetone free remover that removes a gel polish? What are the ingredients? the INCI?

I am not asking anything confidential as the ingredients by law have to be on the bottle (or the book)

thanks x

Send us this request via the website, we will happily respond.

Send us this request via the website, we will happily respond.

I don't distribute nail products but if anyone asked for an INCI on any product that I am connected with then I would happily provide it publicly.

Hi,

The video shown is NOT the correct removal. The video is 2 years old and no idea who it is but we are looking into it and that is not what we are about at all.

Hope that helps you. Any more questions please feel free to ask

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

The owner of the youtube account is **********, who also has many other O'nine videos and through her youtube page seems to work for O'nine herself. In fact her facebook profile and zoominfo.com both say that she is *************** for O'nine in china.

That video has been up for 2 years, put there by someone in charge of promoting their company, and O'nine hasn't thought to put up a more updated and less terrifying video that doesn't make everyone cringe? But I guess the real question would be, how could O'nine even allow that video to be put up with that removal procedure when it's very clearly destroying the nail plate? Any true professional wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to butt in from the hair side, but I bloomin love my o'nine nails.

I'm relocating to essex next month so will PM you now!!

When my nail tech changed she said barring all the stuff they market it on, she wanted to use a pro product. Which is something I stick too in my hairdressing, a pro should be using a pro product!!

1st what we mean by no gel polish is....Onine is not a gel polish like other brands, we are a pure gel so no hybrid, if you like we are a gel product applied like a polish.
The one step is a gel that has the base and top all mixed in one little bottle so does what it says in the tin all in 'one step' and tri gel is our hard gel product that I adore.

We are a relatively new brand on the market and I understand it is a different product but believe me it's an amazing product. I have worked with many of the industry's gel polishes and nothing lasts like Onine and nothing applies like it. It's a pleasure to use.

Ive watched the video of removal and am shocked myself because its the easiest product to remove if done correctly.

Any educator in the UK will be more than happy to demo the product so please just ask. We are not as the previous post appears. We adore this product and for most of us we work with it daily and feel quite attached to the product. The UK distributors are two of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting and we are here to help the industry evolve.

For me the product has helped me clear of the horrible niggling cough I developed from using gel polishes, for others it means they can now wear colour on their nails because before they were allergic.

Please give us a try before you slate or judge us

Ibd just gel is 100% pure gel polish not a hybrid aswell so your not the first company to have this product.

Also watched the video, I've never had them removed like that!!!!

I've actually had the product on many times so I can tell you truthfully and factually.

Ibd just gel is 100% pure gel polish not a hybrid aswell so your not the first company to have this product.

We haven't stated that we are the only brand to have a 'pure gel'. We are only stating its solvent free.

Each bottle contains only 7 ingredients!

Also watched the video, I've never had them removed like that!!!!

I've actually had the product on many times so I can tell you truthfully and factually.

Lovely to hear you are enjoying the product! Have a little look on the OnineUK salon finder when you relocate X

We haven't stated that we are the only brand to have a 'pure gel'. We are only stating its solvent free.

Thats interesting only 7 ingredients! Don't see how its possible as each colour will probably have a mix of maybe 5 or 6 pigments, each one an ingredient. Anyway, good luck to you although i think you will have to up your game to win over the geeks, its a tough crowd!

Oh and still waiting for the ingredients for your remover, pm me if u prefer although it may not be a bad idea for you to disclose it here and your 7 gel ingredients,you have opened the door with your dramatic claims, so time to follow them up, just my advice

Oh and still waiting for the ingredients for your remover, pm me if u prefer although it may not be a bad idea for you to disclose it here and your 7 gel ingredients,you have opened the door with your dramatic claims, so time to follow them up, just my advice

I think this would be an excellent idea. The problem is I think that this company has not portrayed itself very well at all.

It's a shame really

When my nail tech changed she said barring all the stuff they market it on, she wanted to use a pro product. Which is something I stick too in my hairdressing, a pro should be using a pro product!!

In my opinion a company that can’t handle basic product enquiries, openly insults & bullies on a public platform, markets with fear & negativity, deceives by using multiple identities to manipulate thread content & misleads about its ethics is incapable of selling a professional product.

O Nine still have not addressed 2 core questions asked by numerous people on this forum:

1a. Please cite an independent study or scientist that has proven your product to be any healthier, greener or safer than the numerous competitors who share your ingredients list identically.

1b. Please also provide details of any independent study or scientist who endorses the view that hybrid polish causes serious medical conditions including cancer & infertility.

2. Please confirm you are acting legally in China & that as a consequence your product range has been tested on animals. The initial response citing EU legislation was nonsensical. People & products are governed by the laws of the country they reside in. Your products are sold in China thus they conform to Chinese law & have been tested on animals.

A professional company confident in their products should know the importance of transparency.

A query such as “what is in your remover” should be easily answered – it is not an invasive enquiry. I can think of no positive reason as to why they would refuse to answer this question publicly. Their unwillingness or inability to effectively address very simple queries speaks volumes.

Last edited:

There are a number of claims that have been made on this website by people associated with O'Nine. Those claims are:

1. That O'Nine does not do animal testing (despite being manufactured and sold in China, which requires it);
2. That O'Nine is a "pure gel" (what does that mean exactly? What is not included in O'Nine?)
3. That O'Nine has only seven ingredients (MSDS/INCI?)
4. That O'Nine is unique in that it is solvent free (and that solvents in other hybrid gel polishes are dangerous)
5. That O'Nine uses an acetone free remover (Acetone is considered a safe solvent; what alternative solvent are you using? Again, MSDS/INCI)
6. That the removal video posted to YouTube is two years old and does not represent the proper removal with O'Nine (although it links to the O'Nine website)

The fact that these claims have not been substantiated is a problem for qualified nail techs. I think we'd like to hear more about O'Nine, but feel as if we've been given misleading, inaccurate, and/or confusing information. If you could address each of these claims point-by-point and link to the appropriate resources (MSDS, INCI, proper removal video, etc.) that would go a long way towards establishing your creditability and your products' legitimacy and safety to this group.

Last edited:
Wow you are an impatient group. I will answer all these questions and as many as you can throw my way but I have to say it will be in my own time as whatever I post right now will be twisted in to something it isn't. So be patient and all your wishes will come true you have my word on this xx

Wow you are an impatient group. I will answer all these questions and as many as you can throw my way but I have to say it will be in my own time as whatever I post right now will be twisted in to something it isn't. So be patient and all your wishes will come true you have my word on this xx

With all due respect, when you came onto this forum to promote your product, it must have occurred to you that we'd have lots of questions, especially given such bold claims. You were asked for this information three weeks ago. The fact that those questions still have not been answered and that we are told that you will answer them "in my own time" does not not bode well. We're trying to give O'Nine the benefit of the doubt, but it has not been made easy. This certainly does not display the customer service orientation that we hope for.

If you want to take a look at a product and person who handled the introduction of his product on this forum well(and the skeptical and challenging comments and questions), you might take a look at the Megamix thread here - http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...el-polish-colours-eyeshadows-nail-polish.html. I think Martin was subjected to as doubting and skeptical an audience as you were, but he has handled it quite differently.

I hope that now that the questions are out there, O'Nine will respond promptly, completely, and courteously to this audience.

Last edited:
With all due respect, when you came onto this forum to promote your product, it must have occurred to you that we'd have lots of questions, especially given such bold claims. You were asked for this information three weeks ago. The fact that those questions still have not been answered and that we are told that you will answer them "in my own time" does not not bode well. We're trying to give O'Nine the benefit or the doubt, but it has not been made easy. This certainly does not display the customer service orientation that we hope for.

If you want to take a look at a product and person who handled the introduction of his product on this forum well(and the skeptical and challenging comments and questions), you might take a look at the Megamix thread here - http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...el-polish-colours-eyeshadows-nail-polish.html. I think Martin was subjected to as doubting and skeptical an audience as you were, but he has handled it quite differently.

I hope that now that the questions are out there, O'Nine will respond promptly, completely, and courteously to this audience.

Personally it wouldn't matter to me if questions were answered or not within any timeframe at this stage. Damage has been done, this company have not conducted themselves at all well.
It's would almost be funny really if it wasn't such a shame.

Please forget my invasive request for inci! It is clear that either you have no idea whats in the product or your hiding something! Why didn't you simply make something up? You obviously have lots of imagination!

Shame because i was genuinely interested in your non acetone (totally solvent free) remover capable of dissolving plastics! Alibaba Alibaba Alibaba

While everyone is waiting for answers, I'd just like to take the opportunity please to remind everyone of an important site rule:

Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you
This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. We have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban. If you can't say it nicely, go Facebook it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back