Onychophyma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaQ

Reaction score
For my ITEC assignment/exam I am researching nail conditions...have been on computer quite a while...not the most pleasant topic...very gross pictures, especially just after lunch...lol.

I need to research Onychophyma, I'm getting similar presentation and causes as Onychauxis and it is said by several points of reference that I've looked at that it is commonly referred to as Onychauxsis...my question is...is it as simple as that? Are they the same thing? I am thinking it must be something else...can anyone help please? xx

I don't think you need to know the subtle differences between the two (if they exist) as you will never be called upon to use the knowledge unless you are going into podiatry.

As professional nail technicians we are not allowed to diagnose abnormal conditions .. not even trained to recognise them.

I always wonder why colleges put an emphasis on these weird nail conditions when we rarely ever see them in a nail salon, are not allowed to diagnose them and can't treat them. Seems a little strange to me.

Good luck with your Itec exam.

Thank you and I completely agree with what you say Geeg, it's just as part of my assignment I have to give a definition!! I have read what it is as I've said above but the thing I worry about is potentially dropping important marks for not looking into it enough.

I'm doing this as part of the CND complete and as you are aware we have tests regularly on the course and I've done well with my overall score, but once in a while I have frustratingly dropped a mark for not reading the question properly!! I would like to work abroad eventually, and I would like to get a good grade to start with...why do I put myself through this at my age :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back