Opening Day or Open Day....Which one???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Zoo

Reaction score
I am in the process of opening my own salon......hope to be signing the lease tomorrow with a view to exchanging next Monday!!!!:eek:

I was going to plan a big Opening Day but I am not sure how long it will take to get all of the work done....and if it is quicker than I anticipate then the shop could be shut for a week or two. This wouldn't be very good as each day it was closed it would be costing me money!!!!

Soooooo, I was thinking that instead of that I could plan a big Open Day a few weeks after I actually open. Probably end of July - beginning of August time. That way I can plan it. I can advertise it and get invitations sent out, inform the local paper etc. I was thinking of having it as a non working day and doing demo's, talking to people, wine :wink2: etc. (Obviously if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!!!!.....all ideas gratefully received:lol: )

What do you all think.....Opening Day or Open Day?????

If it is to be after you oficially open,i personally would go for open day,hth and good luck with it hun x

I would go for an Open Day once the salon has been open for a little while and you have got the teething problems (if any) out of the way - I would also possibly wait until the schools go back - lots of people will be on holidays during July and August and also some of your potential clients might have kids on Summer hols. If you plan it for beginning of September then they might be ready for a good pampering - just an idea.

Me too...open day.

me 2 open day xx

Open Day for me too... plenty of time to organise it, advertise it etc etc, Fiona made a good point about mums wanting or more like needing a nice pampering after the kids go back to school in early September.
good luck Nikki, hope all goes well for the exchange :hug:

Yep ... open day. It'll give you plenty of time to iron out any snagging list you may have with regards to getting your salon kitted out just as you want it to be, as well as plenty of time to get your advertising underway, with all those "back to school" mums just itching to make their appointments up for a spot of pampering.

Good luck Nikki :hug:

open day.........
can you do it the start of july lol as i would love to come (coming down 1st july if you still fancy coffee or something stronger)

Open day - you don't want to do anything in a rush and then look inefficient. Once your settled and all the teething problems are resolved, you could do an open day or even an open evening with mini treatments say for £5 so that people could sample what you have to offer. Good luck:hug:

Open day :)

i had my offical opening day abt 2 months after i started working in my salon

it was a fab day .... id def do it again this way as when i first started in the salon i had my desk a few chairs and that was about it... no sign outside, no training area just lots of boxes with stuff in that needed building!...lol

Jess
xox

Settle down and do your GRAND OPENING later.

whatever you decide hun I just wish I could come :cry:

Hiya,

Re-negotiate the deal. Get enough time / access to the property to get the work done before rent payments begin. That way you are minimising your immediate losses and cutting down wasted capital outlay.
It happens all the time.

Victoria.
I think Open Day is better too. Good luck.X

Sassy Hassy said:
whatever you decide hun I just wish I could come :cry:
And pray tell why can't you come Mrs???? I will be very sad if some of my 'geeky' friends are not there!!!!!!

victoriah said:
Hiya,

Re-negotiate the deal. Get enough time / access to the property to get the work done before rent payments begin. That way you are minimising your immediate losses and cutting down wasted capital outlay.
Hi Victoria,

No can do I'm afraid.....tried through my solicitor but the landlord wasn't having any of it :irked:

Thanks for all your replys :) I don't know if September will be good....I have to go to Earls court :) and Robbie Williams :biggrin: plus my youngest starts full time school....so lots happening then!!!!

The other thing I have to take into account is that I live in Cornwall which is VERY busy in August!!!!!

Nikki said:
And pray tell why can't you come Mrs???? I will be very sad if some of my 'geeky' friends are not there!!!!!!

Cos you're a zillion miles away where a pastie is considered a delicacy!

Open day for me too.
If Im not working, I'll even try & make it ... us miners have to stick together! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back