Opening orders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Girls

Where can I get the best opening order? Dermalogica etc cost between
£2 - 4000. I am a single-handed therapist with only 1 room and am not in a position at the moment to pay out this amount of money as I am only in the process of building clients. I posted earlier about Dr Belter products. they seem to have a more than reasonable opening order, but no-one has replied to my last post. Any ideas? I need something small and if all goes well then I can build on that. I am not prepared at this moment to get myself into debt. I would rather start small and see how things go. Im sure there are a lot like me out there.:!:

Girls

Where can I get the best opening order? Dermalogica etc cost between
£2 - 4000. I am a single-handed therapist with only 1 room and am not in a position at the moment to pay out this amount of money as I am only in the process of building clients. I posted earlier about Dr Belter products. they seem to have a more than reasonable opening order, but no-one has replied to my last post. Any ideas? I need something small and if all goes well then I can build on that. I am not prepared at this moment to get myself into debt. I would rather start small and see how things go. Im sure there are a lot like me out there.:!:

Try Eve Taylor, they do a mobile kit for about £100 with small bottles of everything in.:)

hi dermalogica dis an opening order forbe for 1200eur and you can modify it yourself to what products you want , you have to have a bit of retail but i got a lot of professional as well . They are really helpful when you are starting out. They are really strict about training though , and they hve this policy where if you dont do regular training they take you account from you which i think is unfair:mad: as if its a small salon it makes it really difficult. so its something to think about and maybe ask oyur rep !!!

Hi!

I just started up on my own 5 weeks ago and have went with dermalogica. My opening order was just over £2400 and i'm paying it over 6 months which really helps you get the majority of both the professional and retail products (doesnt inc the body products and, medibac, chomawhite and sun protection ranges) and i got lots of support material and stuff for displaying products in the salon.

They have been really helpful and i have a meeting with the rep on thursday to discuss how things are going and how to make the most of the products and marketing them.

Hope this helps
Lauren

I hear some good things about environ but I don't know whether they have a minimum order.

I have just taken on monu by Susan molyneux, after lots of research. The best thing to do first is decide what you want from a skincare brand, ie results driven/and or natural ingredients. attractive packaging etc and whittle down your affordable options from there. I knew I wanted a plant based brand as I love aromatherapy, so looked at eve Taylor and Susan molyneux. I also had samples from environ (£500 opening order). I am a homebased salon, plus I am employed also, so dermalogica was not a viable option for me, but I agree with above posts, dermalogica do let you pay in installments, they are a known brand and therefore can attract clients (I stocked this in my salon I had 10years ago, and it pretty much sold itself).
There are lots of threads on here if you type in skincare etc in the search engine. Best advice is to contact as many companies as possible, get some samples for you and a friend to try, And see which one best a)fits for ethos b) is in your price range c) impresses you when you use it ( not necessarily in that order!)
Good luck, I know how much of a headache I is looking!
X

I have just taken on monu by Susan molyneux, after lots of research. The best thing to do first is decide what you want from a skincare brand, ie results driven/and or natural ingredients. attractive packaging etc and whittle down your affordable options from there. I knew I wanted a plant based brand as I love aromatherapy, so looked at eve Taylor and Susan molyneux. I also had samples from environ (£500 opening order). I am a homebased salon, plus I am employed also, so dermalogica was not a viable option for me, but I agree with above posts, dermalogica do let you pay in installments, they are a known brand and therefore can attract clients (I stocked this in my salon I had 10years ago, and it pretty much sold itself).
There are lots of threads on here if you type in skincare etc in the search engine. Best advice is to contact as many companies as possible, get some samples for you and a friend to try, And see which one best a)fits for ethos b) is in your price range c) impresses you when you use it ( not necessarily in that order!)
Good luck, I know how much of a headache I is looking!
X

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I will do my research:!:

We use Repechage and didn't have to put in a minimum order at the time.

Just some words of advice! I have Dermalogica in my beauty room, it cost me £2500 3 years ago, which I could ill afford after my training etc, but the one thing I would advise is to check the shelf life on both the SALON only and retail stock as I stupidly didn't and a proportion of my stock ran out within 3 months! when I order now I am careful to check - but in the first flush of excitement & ignorance I didnt!
Also be aware a brand never stops increasing its products and that costs too! ie, 6 months after buying into Dermalogica 'Age Smart' came in, that too cost. Then 6 months after that they introduced ChromaWhite then Clear Start.... so could be a question you need to ask before making a decision, as the first years can be expensive for a Sole Trader!

Latest posts

Back