OPI colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrusbeauty

Reaction score
hi geeks,

i am about to revamp my salon opi colours and would love your opinions on your fav/most popular colours to both use and retail!

Decide how many polishes you would like to buy, go through their list and get a selection. But i would recommend getting a white for french, a hot pink, a red, a dark burgendy (sp?) and a few more natural colours in peach/ brown.

Have fun

My favourite all time colour is Kinky in Helsinky it is a shocking pink with a bit of a shimmer. It was discontinued but has just been released again along with several other all time favourites to celebrate the years they have been in operation!

Best wishes

Sheila :lol:

thanx for that sheila i will add that to my list! x

Hi again darling. Bit slow on replies to you so as I have over 300 OPI nail colours maybe I can help you a bit more.

Firstly you need to know if your clients are colour girls or if they prefer the paler looks. Mine like their brights in the Summer and deep dark colours in the Winter.

If you give me some idea what you want to stock, pinks, darks, browns, reds shimmers etc then I will do a list for you. Looking online or in mags is not as good as seeing them in real life as colour cannot be reproduced properly in print and even out of the bottle they look different.

I would be happy to help you and can even send some painted on a card for you to look at if you think this would help you!!

Love and best wishes

Sheila xxx

hi
i have found this summer clients are going crazy over cajun shrimp, opi on collins ave, & feeling hot hot hot.
corals and hot pinks, bright colours seem to be best for this summer
just some classics there are likeing at the moment
mrs oleary bbq,
french alpine snow with passion
malaga wine
Louvre Me Louvre Me Not
Lincoln park after dark

i find you get half your clients that love dark colours all year round and others that love seasonal colours.

hi sheila thank you so much your help would be greatly appriciated!

i have quite a mixture of clients quite alot like the light pinks and alot the bright and deep colours so am looking to stock some pinks, deep colours and bright reds and pinks with some shimmer and glitter colours!

thanks again sheila! xxxx

oh and some coral clours too! xx

Hi,

I would suggest to you to have a selection of everything...

The way I selected my polishes was to chose a bright red, deep red, a shimmery red, and did this for every colour. There are so many colours to chose from, and everytime I go to my local suppliers, without fail, I will come home with a new polish or two or three!

hth x x

Hello again

Will have a really good look later but some of the big favourites are_

Darks - Lincoln Park After Dark, Malaga Wine, Black Cherry Chutney

Red Shimmer - I'm Not Really A Waitress, I've Red The Script

Pinks - Kinky In Helsinky, Jewel of India, Peruby Ruby

Nudes - Catch The Garter, Coney Island Cotton Candy, Sweet Memories

Coral - Congo Line Coral

Will have a better look later as I am going to go through a load of my colours and sell some off to make way for new ones! I am totally addicted to buying new nail colours, with some it's shoes, others handbags, me it's nail colours!!

Love

Sheila :lol:

My client favourites are:

Pales: Rosy Future, No Bees Please (just discontinued I think), Get me to the Taj,

Pinks: Strawberry Margarita, You're a Pisa Work, Japanese Rose Garden

Reds: OPI Red, Vodka and Caviar

Darks, Lincoln Park after Dark, Black Cherry Chutney, Eiffel for this colour

Also popular amongst the younger crowd is a bright blue (not in salon and can't remember name, but is a darkish blue teens love it)

Also their a number of shimmers like Princesses Rule pale pink (a must have for me) in silver gold and many other colours which my clients like for just a hint with one coat they catch the light nicely and I use these alot this time of year.

I find don't use that many of the brown tones I have other than a dark brown.

HTH

Hi again darling. Bit slow on replies to you so as I have over 300 OPI nail colours maybe I can help you a bit more.

Firstly you need to know if your clients are colour girls or if they prefer the paler looks. Mine like their brights in the Summer and deep dark colours in the Winter.

If you give me some idea what you want to stock, pinks, darks, browns, reds shimmers etc then I will do a list for you. Looking online or in mags is not as good as seeing them in real life as colour cannot be reproduced properly in print and even out of the bottle they look different.

I would be happy to help you and can even send some painted on a card for you to look at if you think this would help you!!

Love and best wishes

Sheila xxx
hi sheila, im currently gradulay buying OPI coulours and not really too sure what to go for in the colour ranges theres soo many to choose from and they do look very different online. any help would be amazing thank you! x

Latest posts

Back