OPI Fiji collection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering how everyone has found this collection? We ordered the full collection of polish and gel polish including stands from OPI direct. I've mother that the gel colours are very bitty, as in when you apply it's as if there's loads of little specs in them, it's in a weak colours including Coconuts over OPI, Super-tropi-Cali-Fuji-issue and Getting Nadi on my aHoneymoon. Also in the normal polish I've had clients return with Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon and Polly Want a Lacquer? And they've faded to off white, virtually no colour left [emoji22][emoji22]
Has anyone else had any difficulties?

Hi everyone, just wondering how everyone has found this collection? We ordered the full collection of polish and gel polish including stands from OPI direct. I've mother that the gel colours are very bitty, as in when you apply it's as if there's loads of little specs in them, it's in a weak colours including Coconuts over OPI, Super-tropi-Cali-Fuji-issue and Getting Nadi on my aHoneymoon. Also in the normal polish I've had clients return with Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon and Polly Want a Lacquer? And they've faded to off white, virtually no colour left [emoji22][emoji22]
Has anyone else had any difficulties?

Omg!!! We've been having the same issues!! I thought it was a bad batch we got! The Exotic birds don't tweet has been chipping in layers on our clients too!

Omg!!! We've been having the same issues!! I thought it was a bad batch we got! The Exotic birds don't tweet has been chipping in layers on our clients too!

I'm so glad it's not just us then! I do intend to go to OPI about it but thought I'd see if anyone has any issues as well xx

I would agree with the tiny bits of sand? Or something. I haven't had any fading with the gels... :/

Omg I'm not the only one! no fading just gritty

I am SO GLAD I found this thread NOW as I was compiling my OPI order this evening and have now decided to not get this range. My clients will most certainly complain if their polish fades to white !!

The gels seem to be holding colour it's the normal polishes I've noticed fading. Maybe the gritty sandy texture is a manufacturing fault? X

I've noticed gritty bits in a few of the colours. A rep is coming to see me on Friday and I think I'll put in a complaint and see if they will take the offending colours back. The main problem is with Two-Timing The Zones.

I've got the collection and haven't noticed anything like this no chips, fade, grit etc. I bought it the day it was released, maybe you've got second batch and there's something wrong there? I've also know colours to fade in chlorine and sun, did those ladies go on holiday? Xx

I purchased the first day also. It's not in every single one it's random. I know many people have been complaint to OPI but nothing is happening....

Ours was ordered November and dispatched on release date so not sure really, the ones with fading hadn't been away anywhere which I found odd as you do experience it with holidays, never known it to just happen though x

Ring OPI! [emoji56]

Ring OPI! [emoji56]
I already mentioned that I'm going to, I just wanted to see if it was just me or others having problems with theirs.

I already mentioned that I'm going to, I just wanted to see if it was just me or others having problems with theirs.
Let us know what they say I hope they do something for you x

I had my pedicure with opi I can't remember which collection and they faded off to no colour at all x

The gritty grains is definitely an issue. I complained to OPI and they have confirmed it's a known problem. The graininess can effect any colour, just depends if you happen to pick one off the shelf with the grit in it or not :( they are replacing my affected colours due to the issue, so hopefully i'll end up with some gritty free GelColour!

I contacted OPI they just said "Tech Response:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting OPI. The issue has been resolved. However some effected bottles are still on store shelves. Please return any bottles to the place of purchase.
Have a wonderful day."

So yeah..... oh this was the US OPI

A bit unrelated but does anyone else's 'Is that a spear in your pocket?' Stain the nails o. Removal? X

Latest posts

Back