Opi Polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicki_20

Reaction score
Hi, i bought an opi polish the other day from sally goin ape-ricot!, i also bought a natural nails base coat and top coat, howver i applied it on saturday and already had chipping today, i thought it was supposed to last a while, has any one else experienced these problems or has any advice, as i spoke to someone else who adv gets chipping with opi when uses base coat but last for over a week when doesnt have base coat one, however i dont want to not use base coat and ruin my cleints nails, thanks

I've got some OPI including the base coat so will give it a go and let you know when I have an answer.

Hi, i bought an opi polish the other day from sally goin ape-ricot!, i also bought a natural nails base coat and top coat, howver i applied it on saturday and already had chipping today, i thought it was supposed to last a while, has any one else experienced these problems or has any advice, as i spoke to someone else who adv gets chipping with opi when uses base coat but last for over a week when doesnt have base coat one, however i dont want to not use base coat and ruin my cleints nails, thanks

Hiya..Did you degrease the nail before applying your polish?

Hiya..Did you degrease the nail before applying the nail varnish?

hiya, i didnt no, i was never told to do this, would this help?

I was taught that you always degrease or 'squeek' the nail with nail varnish remover to remove any oils that are on the nail bed. Your nail varnish should stay alot longer..Then again was this person using their hands alot..doing washing up with no gloves etc?

Hi ya,

I use all of the OPI range and have never had a problem with chipping. As the good advice previously given, you do need to squeek the nail prior to using the base coat to remove any oil from the nail bed, and then obviously once the nail is painted in the desired colour, top coat should be applied, this prevents chipping. However, if you do still experience problems with chipping, sometimes taking the top coat just under the free edge of the nail can also help seal the nail.

Hi there, i did a client a luxury pedicure three weeks ago with OPI varnishes and she showed me her feet and was so pleased that it was still on even after two weeks in spain. To me thats a good nail varnish.

I also use OPI and the only time i get prblem with chipping is when i havn't squeeked properly :) I love their polish, some fab colours and it lasts ages, the brush is great too!

I have used OPI for years, dont use anything else anymore, and if you dont squeek it will chip - so squeek away and you will see a difference.

:hug:

Hi ya,

I use all of the OPI range and have never had a problem with chipping. As the good advice previously given, you do need to squeek the nail prior to using the base coat to remove any oil from the nail bed, and then obviously once the nail is painted in the desired colour, top coat should be applied, this prevents chipping. However, if you do still experience problems with chipping, sometimes taking the top coat just under the free edge of the nail can also help seal the nail.

I always do this anyway to seal the free edge and ive never had a problem with chipping regardless off wearing Opi, China glaze, Creative Etc.

I give a slight buff with a sponge board, squeak using nail fresh/scrub fresh, base coat, 2 x colour coat (allowing to dry between) then top coat sealing in the free edge.

Polish will only last a long time on a natural nail if the preparation of that nail is good. It is the surface of the nail that the polish sits on which is important. If that isn't right, then using a topcoat over the free edge won't make any difference.

Never degrease the natural nail with nail polish remover ... some removers contain oil and in fact make the chipping worse.

You can de-grease/squeak using CND ScrubFresh or even Acetone.

You should prep the natual nail the same as if you were going to apply an enhancement the CND way. In other words ... remove all cuticle from the nail plate ... exfoliate the surface with a gentle block buffer (240 grit or higher) in the direction of growth only... clean/de-grease and dehydrate the nail plate using ScrubFresh and only then do you apply your base coat, colour and top coat.

Thanks everyone for your advice, ive done everything you said last night and re-apllied my opi polish, hopefully should work.
Thanks Again

Latest posts

Back