Opinions on my nails? 1st attempt at doing smile lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly-Tara

Reaction score
Hey recently passed my gel course with en, so just trying to practice doing my smile lines, had a play with some nail art aswell, any advice would be great. Thanks

Hi there, I don't really feel qualified enough to give ratings, but I have noticed when zooming in that the thumb free edge looks quite thick. Sorry I know you asked for critique on the smiles and art, but I just had to tell you this as it popped right out at me iykwim.
Your smiles are very good, the pinkie looks like it need tweaking but it could be the camera angle.
Just one more comment sorry, the sidewalls could be taken in a bit, this will make your white tip look nice and sleek. It's not a big deal, just go back in with your file and straighten them up, won't take 5 mins!
Other than this I think you've done very well. What did you use for the art? Is it black gel?

Hey. Again im not really qualified to critique as im only on my 4th set but i think your smiles looks good, far better then my first attempt!! I do think the side walls need taking in abit they look abit fan like (this is something im also trying to get to grips with!)
they look good tho love the design

Having only recently passed your course, I would say you have done a very reasonable set of nails. Well done.

My comments are:

1. The free edge of the thumb looks a bit too thick.
2. The shape is not consistent with all the nails and some of them are
quite fan shaped at the free edges. Tapering the side walls more
on these nails would help.
3. It is difficult to comment on the apex as it is not visible in the picture,
but the index finger appears quite flat as if no apex is present at all.
This is also shown by the line of light on that finger.
4. Great smile lines. I like them :).

Hope this helps.

i agree with tracey (mrs clooney) i also think some of the nails look abit yellow especially the index finger.
i think your smile lines look great they've got a nice smile to them.
you've done a great job,well done.x

hey thanks for all your advice the thumb i did crushed shell on before, so that is why it is so thick, as just practicing smile line over, i think some of the yellow is where i did like a pink tinge gel before, so you can stil see it underneath alot, i was jst practicing over an old set of nails i had done before just experimenting with smile lines and black paint. Yeah could prob bring sidewalls in abit.
Thanks for all advice
Will do another set soon an try to improve on the things you have all said. Thanks

Latest posts

Back