Opinions on this client's nail asap!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
hello everybody I wondered if you could give your opinions on this?
I did this client GHG enhancements last Wednesday. She was a biter and they were quite short so I did the nails as short as I could because she didn't want too long and kept complaining about them whilst I was doing them.
I was running an offer at the time for enhancements for £10 as I've only just started so needed some practice but I did not advertise it as this I advertised as I needed models to expand my portfolio.
She has message to me today and sent me a picture of her thumb nail which he says has broken. In her words below..

Hiya. Thanks for doing my nails the other night. Unfortunately my thumb nail has split right back to my normal nail in two lines and the gel colour has come off. Can I just cut it off with clippers? I'm worried about catching it and it hurting :) x
I have messaged my trainer and she says that she thinks the client has bitten them and I have to be honest and say I think that is the case too as I know before when I have bitten tips with enough pressure they can crack and crack the gel with it.
Problem is I don't know what to say to her I'm not repairing it for free but I'll happy to be Perret for a charge but also I'm not really sure how to repair it. I have tried messaging my train back but she's with a class of students and I need to answer the client ASAP so was looking for some help.
Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401294369.723166.jpg

It all depends on if you want her as a regular client?
I would repair it for free if she was to become a regular, does she live locally? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it were me, I'd repair that one nail for free, but be clear that in future there would be a charge of x amount after 48 hours of original treatment. Just looking at it from the perspective of being new and trying to gain clients. It will keep her happy, she'll probably come back in the future and won't diss you to others.

But it so looks chewed lol. I would suck it up for the greater good :)

hello everybody I wondered if you could give your opinions on this?
I did this client GHG enhancements last Wednesday. She was a biter and they were quite short so I did the nails as short as I could because she didn't want too long and kept complaining about them whilst I was doing them.
I was running an offer at the time for enhancements for £10 as I've only just started so needed some practice but I did not advertise it as this I advertised as I needed models to expand my portfolio.
She has message to me today and sent me a picture of her thumb nail which he says has broken. In her words below..

Hiya. Thanks for doing my nails the other night. Unfortunately my thumb nail has split right back to my normal nail in two lines and the gel colour has come off. Can I just cut it off with clippers? I'm worried about catching it and it hurting :) x
I have messaged my trainer and she says that she thinks the client has bitten them and I have to be honest and say I think that is the case too as I know before when I have bitten tips with enough pressure they can crack and crack the gel with it.
Problem is I don't know what to say to her I'm not repairing it for free but I'll happy to be Perret for a charge but also I'm not really sure how to repair it. I have tried messaging my train back but she's with a class of students and I need to answer the client ASAP so was looking for some help.
XxView attachment 66238

Well nails only split vertically when the client is squeezing the nail between her teeth. Biters keep putting their nails in their mouth ... and they can't help doing that! Pressure from each side causes breaks just like that.

Shorten the nail, thin it down. Re-apply more gel to the top for strength. Tell her to keep her nails out of her mouth even if she says she's unaware she is doing it. Seen this 1000 times. Charge her. You didn't cause the damage.

Well nails only split vertically when the client is squeezing the nail between her teeth. Biters keep putting their nails in their mouth ... and they can't help doing that! Pressure from each side causes breaks just like that.

Shorten the nail, thin it down. Re-apply more gel to the top for strength. Tell her to keep her nails out of her mouth even if she says she's unaware she is doing it. Seen this 1000 times. Charge her. You didn't cause the damage.

Thanks Geeg,

I don't want to do it for free otherwise I'll end up always replacing them for free. I have said she can come back and I'll repair for £2 otherwise she can clip it down herself and wait until her next appointment x

Thanks Geeg,

I don't want to do it for free otherwise I'll end up always replacing them for free. I have said she can come back and I'll repair for £2 otherwise she can clip it down herself and wait until her next appointment x

She should NOT use clippers to shorten as that may cause cracking . She needs to use a file to reduce length
x

Latest posts

Back