Opinions on what to do with this colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would do beige 91/2-4 (igora)
Or beige violet 91/2-49

Some 8-4 low lites through hair not on top

.1 is ash which is violet, reds usually end in .06 or .6 so .16 will be violet pink, on a base 9 more lilac red, as she is pale yellow the lilac will neutralise this leaving the pink to add its final tone and leaving a pinky blonde. Very in just now. :)

In wella /1 is soft ash (grey), /6 is violet, therefore /16 is ash violet. no red involved.:lol:

In wella /1 is soft ash (grey), /6 is violet, therefore /16 is ash violet. no red involved.:lol:

Ahhhhhhh ok :) like i said before i cant comment on wella as been too long since i have used them and was using my logic lol so why does the person I am responding too say its reddy violet if no red is involved? and blue and that think will go pink?

I don't mind being wrong when using information that doesn't contradict themselves lol. I was just thinking that if that logic worked that blue would be right from what I was looking at lol.

Ahhhhhhh ok :) like i said before i cant comment on wella as been too long since i have used them and was using my logic lol so why does the person I am responding too say its reddy violet if no red is involved? and blue and that think will go pink?

I don't mind being wrong when using information that doesn't contradict themselves lol. I was just thinking that if that logic worked that blue would be right from what I was looking at lol.

must be to do with how you make violet= (red + blue primarys). :lol:

must be to do with how you make violet= (red + blue primarys). :lol:

Ahhh of course blue base would neutralise along with the ash leaving the red then... Love having to make my brain think haha

esusuhe6.jpg

vedehuru.jpg

Hey everyone hope you are all well.
Just looking for some advice I'm doing this girls hair on Monday the problem is I'm not sure what to do. She thinks the over all colour is too white and would like it toned down. I am unsure on wither to add some low lights, all over toner or both?? I'll be using Tigi or Wella. X
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
what about something like 9/03 or 9/36 or 9/37in wella to add abit more warmth to the white?:lol:

Also i don't understand why you are trying to educate me on a post I was simply agreeing with 2 other stylists and then telling me the same outcome..... Think about it of course wella 9.16 with be very pinky violet as .1 is ash which is violet, .6 is red meaning .16 is violet red (9vr) and as we know on a level 9 would be more lilac pink in undertone, the lilac would neutralise the pale yellow to her hair leaving the pink....

My post simply worked this out and agreed that of course pink could be the outcome given the base the op is working on and suggested possible alternatives, your post (now rendered useless by your own words) simply did not help the op in anyway and told me that wella 9.16 is purple, as to why you felt the need to inform me of this I simply don't know, but then later turn and say that its very pinky violet, so in saying so the outcome will still be pink, and the tonal value is still the same regardless as to how its worked out.

The universal colour chart varies slightly from range to range yes but the principles are still the same, and have proved this way in all my 12 years of colouring crossing ranges and correcting other people's work... thus meaning that when someone comes to me having had someone use dreaded wella (in my eyes) I am able to look and know what was used and what I need to use to colour match and not redo the whole thing!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on wella and telling us the same thing that we have already said x

Someone has their knickers in a twist.
I wasnt trying to patronise u with ur 12 years in the industry. So if it came across like the then I apologise

what about something like 9/03 or 9/36 or 9/37in wella to add abit more warmth to the white?:lol:

9/37
9/38 /03 will look khaki x

how come as it has gold in it? i would agree if you put /8 on it:confused:

When you layer gold on top of eachother it starts to go green as u build up the layers as pack it into the cortex.

It's so funny to me that Wella is such a popular color line in the UK. Here in the US it is sold by Sally Beauty Supply to the general public along side Clairol, HaHa... Anyway, personally, I would tone her down with an 8/3, 9/83 and 0/02 mixture. By popular demand, blondes are trending on the soft gold side of color. It's nice and refreshing, I think. I'm so sick of ice blonde platinum tones! I am welcoming these soft gold and "rosey" gold tones that are now popular.

It's so funny to me that Wella is such a popular color line in the UK. Here in the US it is sold by Sally Beauty Supply to the general public along side Clairol, HaHa... Anyway, personally, I would tone her down with an 8/3, 9/83 and 0/02 mixture. By popular demand, blondes are trending on the soft gold side of color. It's nice and refreshing, I think. I'm so sick of ice blonde platinum tones! I am welcoming these soft gold and "rosey" gold tones that are now popular.
what colour house do you use?:lol:

Ok guys here's what she wants

e9atebag.jpg

I'm not keen on it but she's determined. Tried telling her it's a bit dated but it's what she likes. Xx

e9atebag.jpg

Ahhh white white lol i know joico tsb with ins would do that perfectly for you x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I know yer i have started a trend in my shop as ive gone a rose / gold and all my blondes are like 'i wanna change, i like your colour' lol

So confused!! She said she wanted it toned down!?

what colour house do you use?:lol:

Tigi Copyright Colour at the moment... I've worked and trained with Goldwell, L'oreal, Fudge, Redken, Tocco Magico, Davines and CHI. National Board Certified Colorist. I educated for Goldwell and L'Oreal as well.

I know yer i have started a trend in my shop as ive gone a rose / gold and all my blondes are like 'i wanna change, i like your colour' lol

I'm loving it. It's such a nice shift!

e9atebag.jpg

It's just too yellow for her. *eyeroll* lol Hit her with a bleach wash (she needs about half a level lift) and then tone with an ash/violet or "pearl" tone.

Latest posts

Back