Organic Skincare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satinbaby

Reaction score
Hi all...

Just a quickie with all these changing things im looking into adding an Organic Skincare line to my treatment menus..

So do you know of any brands that i might of missed out?

Skingeeks
Pinks Boutique
Pure Bliss
Heaven
:lol:

Cheers xx

Are you after a 100% organic range, or one where the active ingredients are organic? There is a difference!
I stock and use Spiezia Organics which is Soil Association Certified. Ranges such as Neom and Neal's Yard promote themselves as organic but they're not. They have a certain percentage of organic ingredients and the rest is not.

Yeah i heard about this! Apparently the skincare company can provide one organic ingredient for the skincare to be so called organic...
No im after one approved by the soil assoc i think all the ones i mentioned above are i will take a look at Spiezia.. never heard oif it x

Hi all...

Just a quickie with all these changing things im looking into adding an Organic Skincare line to my treatment menus..

So do you know of any brands that i might of missed out?

Skingeeks
Pinks Boutique
Pure Bliss
Heaven
:lol:

Cheers xx

Pevonia is 100% organic and has the Organic Trade Association's Seal of Approval, plus it has a very high percentage of active ingrediants.
I agree with the above post that even if a product is marketed as organic not all of the ingrediants are organic. I think I read somewhere that you only need to have something like 20% of organic ingrediants to be able to say your product i organic!!!!!!!!

Thanks hunnie xx
Crystal wags do you use this skincare range as i couldnt see it on your website? Does anyone use this range? Or any others they swear by? xxx

Last edited:
Pevonia is 100% organic and has the Organic Trade Association's Seal of Approval, plus it has a very high percentage of active ingrediants.
I agree with the above post that even if a product is marketed as organic not all of the ingrediants are organic. I think I read somewhere that you only need to have something like 20% of organic ingrediants to be able to say your product i organic!!!!!!!!

The last time I spoke to Pevonia they insisted on an £800 a month minimum spend! :eek:

Okey Dokey well.... I cant afford that! I need a line with a small minimum order and not a large initial lay out x

Talk to Spiezia - no minimum order, decent margin too. Their facial cleanser has won The Times 25 best products in the world award two years running.

I am searching for a good skin care range. I like very much the idea of using an organic one. It must be affordable for a mobile beauty therapist and also nice and results driven (do I ask too much :rolleyes:?).

Lynne, may I pm you, pretty please? ( Regarding Spiezia)

Thank you,
Keti

Hi, I think repechage is organic. (lovely to use)

Di:)

Ranges such as Neom and Neal's Yard promote themselves as organic but they're not. They have a certain percentage of organic ingredients and the rest is not.

Like the rest of you, I agree with Lynne too. Unfortunately the word "organic" is very loosely used and the world out there is confusing when it comes to determining a safe and truly 'green' range as various authorising bodies use various definitions as to what classifies a product as being truly 'organic'. I think you'd be hard pressed to find something mass produced that could be deemed organic as per the Soil Association's classification guidelines.

For example, Pevonia Botanica may advertise that they are 100% organic (although I note it's not a claim they make prominently on their website) when I trained and worked with their products, they weren't. Although I can appreciate that this may have changed in the past few years, a quick check on their ingredient listing tells me they still use parabens and synthetic emollients, though, so....I'm wondering about that.

For what it's worth I can recommend two ranges. One is Eminence Organics I've not used this range professionally but I've had a facial and body treatment with this range and the experience was a very good one. And the other is MV Skincare which I have used and do use personally also.

Let us know what you decide on!

Hi, I think repechage is organic. (lovely to use)

Di:)

Unless parabens are organic then I doubt Repechage is organic!

Lifted from their website:

"In spite of this, we realize that some clients object to Parabens and we continue to test other options. At this moment about half of our products are Paraben free."

For me, Organic is a binary thing: it either is, or it isn't. For me it can't be a little bit Organic - it's got to be 100% Organic, or it ain't Organic. I can't in all conscience be telling my clients it's Organic when it's got SLS, parabens, FD & C colours in it. I would lose any shred of credibility.

Be very careful when making claims about the products you use. Check the ingredients thoroughy, and if there's something there you don't understand pester the manufacturer for an explanation.

If it's not certified by the Soil Association or equivalent then it's reasonably safe to say that it's probably not Organic. That said, I do know that there are companies out there who are still striving to gain SA accreditation, so again, talk to the manufacturer.

Thanks all Lynne ive contacted spiezia ..Velveteen do these distribute in England?
Eminence Organics as cant find anything x

And MV i cant get an english side to it x

Thanks all Lynne ive contacted spiezia ..Velveteen do these distribute in England?
Eminence Organics as cant find anything x

look for the skinsmith for emminence organics, you could also try essentially yours, i use this range it is lovely and it is 100% natural and organic, and manufactured here in the uk.xx

wicked thanks Helen x

Has anyone tried La Claree? It can be found here Avea Organic Skincare and Organic Cosmetics

Apparantly it has been developed by the son of the creator of L'Occitane and is going to be used in Urban retreat and by Michealjohn apparantly. Had a few samples sent but can't seem to find out much else about it.

Latest posts

Back