Orly FX gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I order direct from Grafton but also added one on to a Beauty Express order recently.

I get mine from hairways in colchester. But you can get from Salons Direct and Beauty Express now as mentioned before. Im wearing Pink Chocolate at the moment and its lovely.

just hopping on to give thumbs up to orley fx gel i have been using it since october last year and absolutely loving it the results have been
fab, which is in complete contrast to the Gelac i had previously tried and gave up on. I have been using a 36w uv lamp

I've had orly's pixy stix on for a week now - I had to re-do a thumb and forefinger as I caught them and had small chips - but otherwise still going strong :) Can any other LED curable gel be cured in the orly lamp, such as gelish? (I did post this question a few days ago so sorry for repeating myself, would just appreciate if anyone knew) Thanks x

I've had orly's pixy stix on for a week now - I had to re-do a thumb and forefinger as I caught them and had small chips - but otherwise still going strong :) Can any other LED curable gel be cured in the orly lamp, such as gelish? (I did post this question a few days ago so sorry for repeating myself, would just appreciate if anyone knew) Thanks x

I'm off to my training today so will ask for u Hun, it may be an idea for u to get in contact with gelish to confirm what sort of lamps it cures with as they will be able to tell u straight away, but I'll see if my trainer knows this afternoon

Xx

Hello geeks!

1.Have anyone tried not to put primer on tips, as it's hard to soak-off.

2.Whether someone put the primer on entire nail plate, is it more durable in wear and how is soaking-off? I have Mirror mirror on for a week, then i had lifting down near the cuticles, no chipping though and i have done many sets of OPI Gelcolor that week, using Scrubfresh all the time...i thought if i put primer on the whole nail plate it will be better...

3. Is there any tips & tricks you found and can share while using GelFx, i am in with OPI Gelcolor mostly, trying GelFx too, but till i'm sure is as good as OPI i can't charge for it. I am trying everything on my own nails, if you have any feedback, i will be more than thankfull (and my nails too :))

Many thanks in advance!

Hi, I use Orly Gelfx too. Some people get 2-3 weeks, some just about get 2 weeks. I think it so dependant on the individual, their nail type and lifestyle.

I have only not used primer on those client's I know have strong hardy nails and they have not had problems with chipping or lifting. I haven't ever put it on the entire nail plate, just free edge but that's not to say you can't, I guess you could make that specific for clients who really have trouble keeping them on - just remember tho, removal will take longer and can be a real pain! In my training, my assessor said Primer is really to be avoided, try not to use it but some people just need it! I know I personally do!

It's a great product, follow the guidelines to the 't' and I hope you get to enjoy it!

Thanks alot, i just did French mani on my own nails again..
Will post pics tomorrow, really nice shades, i didnt put primer this time, will see how long lasting it will be :) love the way it goes on!!!

1.JPG

1 layer Kiss the bride + Prisma Gloss silver on the ring finger

2.JPG

2 layers Pink nude and White tips

What lovely work Katinara.
How many layers of white tips do you do?
I think looking at your pictures and comparing them to the french I did recently I think I might be taking the "keep your layers thin" to the extreme. I have Kiss the bride and Sheer nude and they don't look as opaque after my 2 coats.
Do you have any issues with chipping/ lifting?

Attachments

• French gelfx (c).jpg
    French gelfx (c).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,473
By the way I have started an Orly GelFx group.

I thought it would be a great way of sharing colour combinations, hints, tips & ideas etc x

What lovely work Katinara.
How many layers of white tips do you do?
I think looking at your pictures and comparing them to the french I did recently I think I might be taking the "keep your layers thin" to the extreme. I have Kiss the bride and Sheer nude and they don't look as opaque after my 2 coats.
Do you have any issues with chipping/ lifting?

Thank you!
I put one coat of white, i dont make the coats super thin, also when i use OPI Gelcolor i put like normal polish. No chipping or lifting so far. I am trying Orly fx without primer this time but cant really see how it holds due to aceton and scrubfresh im using bare hand. I really LOVE to join the group if someone opens it, we need more reviews/ swatches as its really great product! Your work is great!

I'm doing a short course to use orly fx in April, grafting are doing the course for the same price as a colour & you get to choose a colour after the course!! I use gelish at the moment but love the colours available with orly & the fact I can retail a co ordinating polish to clients!!

I'm doing a short course to use orly fx in April, grafting are doing the course for the same price as a colour & you get to choose a colour after the course!! I use gelish at the moment but love the colours available with orly & the fact I can retail a co ordinating polish to clients!!

Wow this sounds fab Lucyboo!
Please could you tell me more? Where did you find out about this offer?

I buy my GelFx from my local wholesalers so I think I might be missing out on things like this.

I had my training on Friday with tammy from graftons & she showed us then we applied it to each others nails, there was 6 of us on the course,
I must say, I'm really liking it!! I don't have much luck with gelish staying on my own nails but i had a full day of clients yesterday & no chips!! Quite unusual for me!!
One one hand I had the shine removed & primer applied to the whole nail & on the other just the prep, no buffing & primer on the tips
I found the coverage of the product really nice to work with. I'm going to trial it before I make any quick decisions about changing over to it.
I had liquid vinyl( 2 coats) with silver prisma over

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334515887.300202.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334515887.300202.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,296
Hi, I would be interested to hear which hand lasts the longest :) can o keep me updated please Hun, my clients get on fab, it's my own hands that don't do as well :mad:

Hi, I would be interested to hear which hand lasts the longest :) can o keep me updated please Hun, my clients get on fab, it's my own hands that don't do as well :mad:

I've been wearing gloves to prep for infils which has saved my thumb & index finger!! Also my ring finger in right hand has a split running down it & as soon as I get a small amount of length on it, it opens up so I can't grow that nail with nothing on!! That is holding together really well x

Latest posts

Back