Orly FX gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly I have not had much success with my orly fx, bought the full kit, I want to love it but the truth is it just does isn't lasting. I bought some gellux out of curiosity and it's brill! I do want to use the orly and I think maybe I was not cleansing the nail thoroughly but I cant be sure that this is/was the problem and have lost confidence in the product. I need to do a few sets and see if it makes a difference. I have found it very hard to remove too, last time I used a wheat pack to apply heat and this seemed too help x

How are you getting on?

I have applied prince charming tonight to myself... Let's see how long..

Fantastic I took it off after nearly 2 weeks because I wanted to try another colour it lasted well no chipping no peeling I can't fault it and it was still super shiny still.xx

Fantastic I took it off after nearly 2 weeks because I wanted to try another colour it lasted well no chipping no peeling I can't fault it and it was still super shiny still.xx

Was this on natural nails Hun or acrylic. Sorry just invested in Orly myself and keep panicking when people say it's chipping. I bought for my clients with nails that peel which my shellac doesn't like Xx

Was this on natural nails Hun or acrylic. Sorry just invested in Orly myself and keep panicking when people say it's chipping. I bought for my clients with nails that peel which my shellac doesn't like Xx

This was over acrylic but I've done my toes to and it's still on two weeks and I'm going to attack my fiancé later and do his fingers lol.

I think if you look on this site people have had probes with all gel polish gel systems it's just perfecting it I think.xxx

This was over acrylic but I've done my toes to and it's still on two weeks and I'm going to attack my fiancé later and do his fingers lol.

I think if you look on this site people have had probes with all gel polish gel systems it's just perfecting it I think.xxx

Do you know I have to agree, was just reading the Gelish reaction thread!

I thought about Gelish but the bottles at 15 ml I would find too big and would probably go,out of date. I'm only a small but growing mobile business at the mo. I love the Orly colours and basically didn't want hundreds of choices. My clients are bad enough with a handful of normal polishes. Takes them ages to decided lol.

Cheers Hun I only bought the Orly yesterday. No good trying it on myself shellac lasted 4 weeks on me but my nails are like concrete. I have a couple
of clients that no matter what can't keep shellac on. I'm gonna try it on them xxx

im finding gel fx FANTASTIC much better than gelac... my customers are getting 3-4 weeks without chipping.
i dont use the brush for the base coat just the primer
but like the rest of you taking it off doesnt take 15 mins for dark colours!
i am however really annoyed that i got told i can use all types of gel in it not just gel fx!!
think i will be selling my gel fx lamp and sticking to me uv one

guys i might be selling my lamp only had it a week but coz i use other gels the orly lamp wont cure anything thats not gel fx so i might just stick with my uv lamp

Pm me about it if you do Hun :) x

Could someone please let me know the curing times of Orly fx with a uv light. Asked graftons to send them through but as of yet they haven't.

Cheers xx

i do base 10 secs
each colour 20sec
top coat 30secs
but the video on youtube says 30secs each layer

i do base 10 secs
each colour 20sec
top coat 30secs
but the video on youtube says 30secs each layer

Cheers Hun but I think that's an led light. I've got the CND uv lamp I'm sure the cure times would be longer xxx

10secs= 1 min
20secs =2 mins
30secs=3 mins
:)

Excellent

Cheers Hun that's a great help

Xx

Most of my clients have chosen to switch from Shellac to ORLY. It lasts longer. Some of my clients are getting 21 -27 days of wear. I use the CND UV lamp with no problems. Orly top coat is shinier than OPI gelcolor or Shellac. BEST part about it is that I can wear it too! I can not wear Shellac and it stay on for any length of time while doing other people's nails. Orly has suggested on their Face Book page that they are coming out with even more colors soon!.

Hi, I've been using gelfx since dec 11, it's great on clients with longish nail but I having problems with the tips chipping on short nails? Wonder if it something to do with the primer? How long do you leave it before base coat is applied? Is it best to just apply primer to the free edge of nail?help...!!:/

I found this at first too but i found i wasnt leaving my primer long enough to dry . I leave primer until completely dry. Then base coat. I'm slowly building up my collection ! Just ordered it's up to blue and star spangled. Eek cant wait. X

Thanks for the tip :)

Hi ladies, has anyone used gelish with the orly lamp? Does it cure well? Thanks :) x

Ladies where are you getting your orly gel fx from? I am trying to find the cheapest place with low delivery, this will be my first order since my professional kit as am starting to run out of things now.

Mines from salons direct x

Latest posts

Back