Orly polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katml

Reaction score
hey!

just wondering if people are still loving this product!? I find it great but was told by someone they aren't 'professional' and instantly defended and said that's not true at all as it has just as high standards as the polishes we all love! opi, china glaze, sparitual!

I work with Orly and OPI and my clients love them and they both retail well too, although OPI as a brand is more recognised by my clients x

Last edited:
I love Orly. It has a great range of colours and does the mini bottles if you're wanting to try a colour. Goes on great and lasts.

I sell a professional only brand of polish and I do so because it makes it exclusive, usually a better quality, better brush and faster drying AND most importantly, my clients cannot buy it from QVC or retail stores such as Boots; they have to buy it from me .. and they do! :green:

I think that is what your friend was meaning when she said that it is not a professional ONLY brand, not that it is unprofessional to use it. Many professionals use non professional brands .. !

You can buy Essie opi leighton deny in john lewis!! How many people use them! So people can buy them can then apply them like you can? I think Orly is fantastic it goes on great lasts amazingly and the colours are lovely!:rolleyes:

Personally speaking - I think its a damn shame when any product we use in the industry is then put out to the public.

I believe professional should keep a lid on their nice products after all its what makes our clients come back time and time again.

Personally speaking - I think its a damn shame when any product we use in the industry is then put out to the public.

I believe professional should keep a lid on their nice products after all its what makes our clients come back time and time again.

Unfortunately many brands sell out to the retail stores because there is more money in it for THEM .... And though I don't like to say it, too few nail technicians have the courage or the business sense to buy enough retail to sell enough retail for most brands to take any notice of the sales to the professional and prefer to go straight to the consumer. They nearly all do it now.

The very reason I stick to CND colour .. it is not sold to the consumer and they can only get it from me. I like that. I took the time to go on a sales course many years ago and learned how to retail .. most nailtechs are very bad at retailing their products and don't buy enough to make any impact in their salons.

Look at good hair salons!! They have tonnes of impacting displays with loads of products. They are smart! That is one of the ways to sell on the spot. Saying, "Oh, I don't have it but I'll order one for you if you want"!! is useless most of the time. One can sell twice as much if it is there on the shelves. If the clients can't see it then they don't buy it.

I totally agree with this statement! Remember when Shellac came out? So many people that were not in the trade were able to get their hands on it! I believe that factor played a huge role in the shortage of the Shellac for the professionals. Places like Ebay, and even professional websites that do not ask for a license # were easily accessable by non trade people. It really infuriated me as I struggled to keep my business afloat in the shortage period and had to be pretty crative in my decisions and decided to offer shellac and Gelish to go by. It was tough!

I totally agree with this statement! Remember when Shellac came out? So many people that were not in the trade were able to get their hands on it! I believe that factor played a huge role in the shortage of the Shellac for the professionals. Places like Ebay, and even professional websites that do not ask for a license # were easily accessable by non trade people. It really infuriated me as I struggled to keep my business afloat in the shortage period and had to be pretty crative in my decisions and decided to offer shellac and Gelish to go by. It was tough!

Actually you are incorrect on that one ... the World Wide shortage of Shellac was due to the unprecedented huge demand for it and CND having to increase production 6 times in the first year to keep up with it. Scheduling that sort of increase into the manufacturing calendar so that enough was produced is what caused the problem .. not the handful of people buying from ebay.

If you remember, S2 only were selling ONE bottle of everything to customers, not letting anyone buy huge amounts and protecting their customers as much as they could.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the rogue distributors (diverters) in the USA who sell outside their territory, ship it illegally into the UK and forge documents so that Customs & Excise don't pick up on the deliveries.

Anyone at all selling CND in the UK who is not a part of the S2/CND distributor network is selling illegally obtained CND products.

Latest posts

Back