out of the mouths of babes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
well we took out kids to a halloween party last night, me, tom and ben (our eldest) had meal whilst kids enjoyed the party,

there was a pumpkin comp and a fancy dress comp, so we carved a pumpkin, wasnt brill but ok, and Ashleigh decided she wanted to be a witch, i explained to her that every other girl would be a witch, so she probably wouldnt be entered in the fancy dress comp but she didnt mind, however matty asked me could we do something diff for him as he wanted to enter, 'course i said', after weeks of deciding, we made him into a mummy, i bought white pants and tshirt (any idea how hard it is finding white clothes for a lad this time of year pmsl) we dyed bandages with tea bags to make them look old and glued them all over him, must admit he looked cool

anyway the kids had a ball at the party, on the way in few of the staff even said 'wow another witch', and 'cool a mummy, the only one of them we've got here, what a good costume'.

Anyway end of evening they are announcing the winners, girl that had a cruella de ville costume on won, (she did look good) but the lad who won had a silver alien costume on, so our matty(9) goes in a dead loud voice " don't bother making me anything anymore mum, whats the point , obviously its all about how much money you can spend on costumes not how much effort you put into making one" i nearly died of laughter, the mother of the child who won, just glared at him, woman next to me, said " lad after my own heart, i was just thinking exactly the same thing"

i must admit, this annoys me, especially when the school have those book days things, when the letters come home, they say it must be your favourite book character and be home made, no one is to spend lots buying costumes and yet its always the fancy shop bought ones that win, ive given up ,i used to put loads of effort into making costumes but dont bother much now, but funny how kids pick up on these things eh, ive got to admit , i was quite proud of him actually (how bad does that make me sound lol)

anyway, out of the mouth of babes as they say pmsl

hope you all enjoyed halloween, we had great time and our cars didnt get egged and scratched this yera thank god lol

xxxxxx

dont give up hun on making any more costums....one day your children will win and then at least you can say..."I MADE THAT".....the other mothers would be soooooo jealous.but your right it is always the shop ones that win.....fell proud hun that YOU put effort into your children and took time to make ....what i bet....were brill costums xxxx

Sounds like a cool little dude to me, give the lad a pat on the back :hug:

Sounds like a cool little dude to me, give the lad a pat on the back :hug:

ooh i did hun, lol, suppose its the sort of thing i would of said , so just shows that they pick up on your attitude eh? god love him, that means he's gonna be an opininated loud mouth like his mother rofl xxx

Latest posts

Back