Out of the three main books which one should I choose first?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
It's my birthday on the 20th. Mum said she will buy me one of 3 books for my birthday and the other two if she can afford both for Christmas.

Out of

Marian Newman the complete Nail Tech 3rd addition,
Doug Schoons Nail Structure and product Chemistry,
GiGi Rouse Nail Class.

Which one should I choose for my birthday ?:wink2:xx

i suppose it depends what your main concern is/area you want to focus on is....
Although the science is essential..if you know how it can go wrong you can avoid it....i would say Gigi's....in my opinion there isnt a book like it.

step by step talking you thru the process.

I would go with Gigi,s Nail Class. It's a great book that gives you amazing info and very handy tips.

Vicki xx

I think you need to ask just what you want from the book? All three are completely different.

Marians book has everything for college work and general knowledge.
Dougs book is a must have for the nitty gritty of product chemistry and natural nail structure.
My book is about 'how to DO' beautiful nails and the techniques involved.

In my opinion you need all three! Lol. Generous mum!! X

Thats exactly what i meant...as per Gigis post...
What is it you want to learn from a book???
I have to say Doug's can be hard to read and take in...I personally always have this to hand...and have used it to refer to throughout the years and double check myself....personally i love the science behind nails....

But Gigi...stop being shy.....YOUR BOOK IS A ONE OF A KIND....there is no book out there like it...i think it should be compulsory with every college kit.

ive just received my marian newman book cant wait to read it, but i bought it first as i thought it would be more relevant with me training at the minute and that was the impression i got from the reviews etc. Will be ordering dougs book at the end of this month. Its all moeny money money at the minute with training, products, research material and everything for starting up but its a must if u want to be as good as u can be!!

Ive got the nailclass on my xmas list, my sister is being ever so lovely and getting it me! :Love:

She has ordered and won't ell me which one I have lol.:biggrin:xxx

She gave me my book today. Marian Newman 3rd edition:biggrin: She couldn't wait to give it to me. I think mum has been reading through it because when she gave it to me she showed me a few different pages and said you wanted to learn about this and this page tells you that. Mum knows how badly I want to learn and how seriously I am taking this. AAwww thanks mum.xxx

She is going to buy me the other two for Christmas.xx

Oh I remember the excitement of getting my books xxx

What a lovely mum you have. :)

Aww she has been brilliant lately. I feel quite overwhelmed.xx

May I ask where I can get Gigi s book please?

You can get Gigi's book on amazon,i can't remember where i got mine from.

Thankyou that's going on my Xmas list x

Latest posts

Back