Outback Gold

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxingMaxine

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just tried out the new Outback Organics Gold peelable wax however I seem to have an issue with the temperature on my clients.

Although they claim to have formulated the lowest melting point of 'hard' wax it still seems uncomfortable when applying it on the sensitive parts ie the labia and on males the sac.

Can anyone help me out? Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks, Maxine x

Are you testing the temperature of the wax on your inner wrist? If this is not the problem then what I found when I tried it recently was that it sets really quickly and if you don't apply it thickly enough it drags on the skin therefore pulling the hairs and that hurts. Apply a little more thickly and you should prevent this discomfort. :wink2:

Hi. I modelled for a waxing class the other day (male brazilian + neck + arms) where OO Gold was used and I could not believe how cool it was compared to other hard waxes that I have used. I have a tin of it myself and have had trouble with getting the temp right so asked Andy. He said the wax in the tin needs to be solid in the centre. As soon as you’re melting anywhere near the centre you’re too hot. Think you just need to turn the heat down and see how low you can go. When they waxed my inner arm I saw it up close and it can be spread “cling film” thin and even when applied too thick it dries so much quicker than Euroblonde. Gonna be having a play with it this weekend.

Which type of heater do you have? I have it in my Hive digital heater at 54.

It can take a while to warm the wax up, maybe 20mins but you have to be careful as, like many hot waxes, it really holds onto its temperature.

You want the wax to almost be hard in the middle and take it from the outside of the tin.

As with all waxes you need to play about with them a little, turn your heater down and let it cool down for a bit and then try it on yourself. Remember it is really important to keep testing your wax and make sure it is cool enough.

Any questions please drop me a PM if you prefer - I've been using it exclusively now for a few months.

Hi. . When they waxed my inner arm I saw it up close and it can be spread “cling film” thin and even when applied too thick it dries so much quicker than Euroblonde. Gonna be having a play with it this weekend.
Wow! As thin as cling film! I'll have to try it.

I've never know Euroblonde to take more than a few moments to set (unless the student applies too much which is usually the case ). I'll compare the two waxes and report back. Exciting!

Last edited:
Wow! As thin as cling film! I'll have to try it.

I've never know Euroblonde to take more than a few moments to set (unless the student applies too much which is usually the case ). I'll compare the two waxes and report back. Exciting!

Did you get a chance to try it out Kim? How did you find it?

Did you get a chance to try it out Kim? How did you find it?
Hi doll. I was sent some but didn't get round to trying it as I was too busy to switch the inner buckets. I'm sure it's fab though.

I love outback its all I use now, it can be applied really thin unless you I have someone with coarse hair then I apply abit thicker. Also sets quick.
My analogue heaters are on 2 and my digital 56 but each heater can be different. I use everythin Outback even the roller strip wax bronze fab :)

Latest posts

Back