Over-use of reputation points

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
I have to say that i think people over-use the privilege of being able to give negative reputation points and remain anonymous.

I have received two negative reputation points recently both of which were completely unnecessary and over the top. One of those reputation points was in respect to the innocent comment that i put on the thread entitled "File Control" to Sassy Hassy about how funny i thought her post was. How many times have i seen people make general comments like that?? Does everybody give negative rep. points for that sort of thing? I was told that it was unnecessary and should have been put in a PM. Me thinks that person needs to take a chill pill.

Hi Carole,

Do you get notification if someone's 'Bad' voted against one of your threads? I wouldn't know if someone had done that to one of mine!!! :o

Louise

You dont get notification but you can check your reputation points by going into Quick Links then User Control Panel and it will show you your reputation points, negative and positive.

Hope this helps.

i'm with you on this one carole - just re-read the post in question and you were not rude, negative or offensive...if having a sense of humour earns negative reputation points then most of the lovely geeks on here would accumulating them left right and centre! keep smiling :D

Im with you on this one, i got bad rep too that i thought was a bit OTT, they thought i'd made a racist remark cos i mentioned someone looked chinese and they didnt think there was any need to mention race - ok having read it again maybe it would sound a bit like that but i didnt intend it to be racist! i am probably the least racist person i know!! i am now showing as 'suffering a bit in the rep department' dont think ive ever been left any good rep though even though i have tried to help whenever possible.

im suffering in the rep as well as i decided to sell some of my old creative polishes as i didnt like the colours and the werent popular so i could fit my new ones in my creative mobile case got negative for that xx

Yep I just read the thread you wrote Carole and I really don't see how anyone can be offended by this...

Its blatantly humour and nothing more or less....

Okay things can be misunderstood but this is just daft...

I dont want to start a witch hunt but was the reputation given by mistake? Maybe the person should aplogoise on a reputatin back to you anoymously if it they now look at if differntly with hindsight...

OMG Carole I just can't believe you got a bad rep for that post - HOW PATHETIC! Someone needs to lighten up and get a sense of humour, it's not as though you were posting off topic, or being offensive..... and if they were that worried by it then they should heed their own advice and send you a pm letting you know of their disapproval, not hiding behind the -ve points system like a lily livered chicken!

I nearly stopped going on Geek because of these "office politics", but a friend of mine persuaded me to ignore such purile antics and listen to those who REALLY had something to say ...... and you can give me all the -ve points you like for being so blunt, I'm not worried - life's too short.

Blimey this is the first time I have been really stroppy in a post!

Take care Caz - I still love you!! lol

Ok Caz two queries here:

1) I cant see what your referring to on the post i may be being blind here but cant see any comment that would cause offence where should i be looking..

2) Ive checked my control panel and cant see anything - what in particular am i looking for?

Sorry to seem thick but i cant see how you would gain a negative response from the post you have done that i read??

Emma, i think yours was because it was read as though you had gone out and purchased creative polishes, came back and then sold them straight away obviously appreciate you shouldnt have to justify what your selling but things can be read the wrong way, im sure you mentioned something along those lines on your post following the negative response anyway.

Hi Emma,

You got bad rep for trying to sell some polishes. That is out of order, why would someone leave bad rep for that. Im shocked.

hi guys....hope i'm not being too dumb - but i can't see anything in the user control panel - no positive or negative points - does this mean i've got none at all??

Someone's gunnin for ya!

Cant see what they would have been offended by???....but i still cant find my points..

quicklink..then click user control panel...then where is it???

I wouldn't let it bother you too much chick.

AMBx

apparently people thought i went to excel brought polishes at £3.15 came back and sold them for £2 each sorry but i dont see any point in doing that xx i wish people would have asked me first oh well xx

MINKUS said:
Someone's gunnin for ya!

Cant see what they would have been offended by???....but i still cant find my points..

quicklink..then click user control panel...then where is it???

I wouldn't let it bother you too much chick.

AMBx
hi if you click on the user control it should pop up perhaps u just havent recieved anything yet? xx

Kellyc said:
Ok Caz two queries here:

1) I cant see what your referring to on the post i may be being blind here but cant see any comment that would cause offence where should i be looking..

2) Ive checked my control panel and cant see anything - what in particular am i looking for?

Sorry to seem thick but i cant see how you would gain a negative response from the post you have done that i read??

Emma, i think yours was because it was read as though you had gone out and purchased creative polishes, came back and then sold them straight away obviously appreciate you shouldnt have to justify what your selling but things can be read the wrong way, im sure you mentioned something along those lines on your post following the negative response anyway.
On your first point, my post read "Oh Sarah, i can just picture you with your head down trying to get to grips with this!!! ;) Bless you!!" and on your second point you will see reputation points received and a downward arrow to the right which you need to click on to read them. It may be that you dont have any negative or positive ones so that's why you cant see anything.

i agree with you all!!

why would somebody put neagative feedback on somebody's thread!! seems daft to me!

just ignore it, it's not worth even worrying about! you know your liked by others on the site!!

Pen xxxx

A user must use their reputation power on at least 10 other people before they can use it on the same person again. That wasy, no one can get picked on.

Just to put you mind a rest Carole this is one of the areas GMG covered on his thread on how to use reps.

I love ya and think you a dead funny hun xxxx :green:

My control panel says I have 13 point in total but it doesn't say negative or positive??
It has the last two points I received (both positive, thanks guys!!), but doesn't list the others...?
Am I being dense? Blame hours of shopping with my sisters - enough to numb anyone's brain :)
Lol x

Carole Lindsay said:
On your first point, my post read "Oh Sarah, i can just picture you with your head down trying to get to grips with this!!! ;) Bless you!!" and on your second point you will see reputation points received and a downward arrow to the right which you need to click on to read them. It may be that you dont have any negative or positive ones so that's why you cant see anything.
Thanks Caz, not sure what thread ive been reading lol as havent seen you post that! keep your head high i love ya always x x

You start off with 10 then get them added or taken away from that, i now have nine sob sob.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back