Over-use of reputation points

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geeg said:
Hey Luckbird ... I am going to give you negative rep if you don't remove that flashing THING from your messages !!! It is doing my head in.
Are you a violent type by any chance??? You seemed so sweet to me!!
If I was prone to epilepsy I think i would be on the floor now from all that flashing.

I am meaning to be funny, but please take it away?? Please?
I thought personal comments like that were supposed to be sent in PM's?

Whilst on the subject of reputation points.......I would like to know what's happened to one of my green squares in the top right hand corner.......why has it been taken away.......have I been sooo bad :cry: ?

Dellie

I've got a rep point in my 'most recent points' section that I know is meant to be a positive but the colour of the square itself is blue/black. Does this mean it's been sent as a negative by accident?

bimbogeri said:
I've got a rep point in my 'most recent points' section that I know is meant to be a positive but the colour of the square itself is blue/black. Does this mean it's been sent as a negative by accident?
No, it meant the person didnt have rights to give reputation either way so i believe it wouldnt have given you any points i'm afraid :(

Carole Lindsay said:
I thought personal comments like that were supposed to be sent in PM's?
Carol, dear.... we are in chit chat not the General Forum number 1.

and FYI I also sent a pm to make sure she didn't miss it!

and number 3, I think everyone else can tell that I am trying my humble best to be amusing ...

and number 4, I think I was voicing a general opinion judging by the many messages I have had in agreement. I thought it was only me, but apparently not.

I'm sure that Luckybird is not personally offended that I find the flashing lights very distracting and I think by my tone she is quite aware that I was just keeping the tone of this whole issue light ... the way it should be.

We have a top quality site here ... Let's keep the main forum that way and lets have some fun in chit chat the way it is supposed to be. OK?

geeg said:
Carol, dear.... we are in chit chat not the General Forum number 1.

and FYI I also sent a pm to make sure she didn't miss it!

and number 3, I think everyone else can tell that I am trying my humble best to be amusing ...

and number 4, I think I was voicing a general opinion judging by the many messages I have had in agreement. I thought it was only me, but apparently not.

I'm sure that Luckybird is not personally offended that I find the flashing lights very distracting and I think by my tone she is quite aware that I was just keeping the tone of this whole issue light ... the way it should be.

We have a top quality site here ... Let's keep the main forum that way and lets have some fun in chit chat the way it is supposed to be. OK?
number 3: well obviously not everyone can tell you are trying to be humble and amusing coz i also got PMs saying they agreed with what i said.

you are quoting a particular post whereas the point i was making was i thought that all comments to one individual only ie of no relevance to anybody else were supposed to be sent as PMs - obviously my mistake :)

Carole Lindsay said:
number 3: well obviously not everyone can tell you are trying to be humble and amusing coz i also got PMs saying they agreed with what i said.

you are quoting a particular post whereas the point i was making was i thought that all comments to one individual only ie of no relevance to anybody else were supposed to be sent as PMs - obviously my mistake :)
Obviously it was relevant to allot of others! And for the 3rd or 4th time, it is what goes on the main board which is the topic of discussion and not chit chat. this forum is chit chat if I am not mistaken.

Why don't we all just form camps and take different sides like so many other message boards in the world of cyber space and all get nasty and ruin this wonderful site where 99% of us are very nice people and who get along just beautifully and want to help each other. All over the fact that someone or a couple of someones gave you negative reputation points for a post they felt was lame. It clearly wasn't just one person's opinion. Why don't you just let it go?

I'm very glad that you have had such alot of support from your friends. That should make you feel really good and bold enough to re-instate your reputation points again. I really hope this silliness isn't going to go on all night ... it is really getting boring now. ... it isnt important enough to spend any more time on. I hope everyone else has got the point by now ... it certainly has been made often enough. I've had my last word.

geeg said:
I really hope this silliness isn't going to go on all night ... it is really getting boring now. ... it isnt important enough to spend any more time on. I hope everyone else has got the point by now ... it certainly has been made often enough. I've had my last word.
We're obviously not going to see each other's point of view on this one so, yep, something we can agree on Geeg:D , this is very boring and that's my last word too!

Phew, World peace .......

I cringe every time I see this thread bumped back up so I shall do what should have been done from the start.

[sign] Thread closed [/sign]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back