Paid for Leaflet drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever paid for leaflet drops?

• Yes

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • No

Votes: 146 74.1%
  • Was it successful - Yes

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • No.

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
I had a call from a company today who do leaflet drops - have you ever paid someone to do this for you. Was it successsful? I have been quoted £45/1000 with a minimum of 5000.

Well I put I paid to have them delivered, actually it was one of my clients! But they were really flash leaflets, properly designed and printed. Can't remember how many but I think 5000 ... result - zilch, nada, nowt except a big hole in my advertising budget.

I think leaflets are really only effective if you keep targetting the same area regularly. So often I have thrown one away only to think a few weeks later, hell I wish I still had that person's details as I need them now.

I think I would be a little wary about the leaflets actually being delivered ... I have seen far too many times, bundles of leaftlets fluttering about in the road or dumped into a bin. If delivered, all well and good but if not .....?

naturalnails said:
I had a call from a company today who do leaflet drops - have you ever paid someone to do this for you. Was it successsful? I have been quoted £45/1000 with a minimum of 5000.

Hi Fiona,

So you have to pay £45 x 5 (£225) in total, is that correct ?

It seems like a lot of money to me, compared to say getting a ad in YP for instance.

I've done a couple of leaflet drops myself, about 400 at a time, but I've never had ANY calls from it. I'm doing one last leaflet drop this weekend and if I don't get anything from it, I won't do it again.

I think I would be a little wary about the leaflets actually being delivered ... I have seen far too many times, bundles of leaftlets fluttering about in the road or dumped into a bin. If delivered, all well and good but if not .....?

I also agree with Noodle. I would be wary about them actually delivering the leaflets as well. How would you be able to prove that they did deliver them in their entirety ?

River

They have said that they give guarantees (how would I check without going and asking) and also reports each week as to how many and where they have delivered.

My gut instinct is not to bother but I thought I would ask all fonts of knowledge.

well I did get quite a good response from leaflet drops when i first went solo, but that's when there were very few nail techs around this area. However, some very kind soul also went to the trouble of sending one to the Council to tell them I was running a business from home! Bloke from the Council said it was probably done by another nail tech who couldn't hack the competition!

Noodle said:

I would be worried about that to,

I know that yellow pages do random calls to check that they have been delivered & that the delivery guy not chucked them in a hedge but as for leaflets not sure if would be possible to do as you wouldn't know telephone numbers of houses.

naturalnails said:

I remember we were chatting about this recently. When I owned my salon I had 12,000 leaflets delivered with a special offer on them (meant to be for brand new customers only! love that ad!) & I did get some new clients from it but mostly had existing clients coming in & waving the leaflet excitedly as they were going to get a discount on their usual services LOL! :eek:
Not worth it in my opinion & we did check ourselves as we could specify certain streets only to find they didn't include them, but on our insistence they delivered "extra" but we'll never know if 12,000 actually got delivered.

If I were you, I would work on the clients you already have & ask them to recommend you & give them an incentive to do so. Word of mouth is the best advertising JMO!

KarenS.
~~~~~

The last leaflets/cards I designed and had professionally printed, I dropped myself. All 5000 of them!!!
Now, I love walking but, OMG!! The pain afterwards!!
I remember saying never again.

I wouldn't pay, you can do it yourself if you really try. I can post to about 50 houses in an hour, maybe more dependant on size. It is also good exercise if you have time to do it I would recommend keep your money and DIY in the nicest possible way.xx

If I was to do a leaflet drop - I would do it myself cos - I enjoy walking and I have control of where I want them dropping :green:

Thanks for all your input - I have decided not to go with this.

I have found that word of moth is the best advertisement

i just got intouch with letterbox direct and they quote £25per 1000 minimum of 3000 , so that aint too bad , i might do it depending if i get anything from the doctors appointment cards????

Ive never paid myself but I had a friend who printed her own then paid the local newsagency to deliver with their papers & mags, two weeks before Xmas. She didnt get a single call from it. She also used to advertise every month in a local monthly free magazine, and she got a couple from that.

I create my own flyers/leaflets, and a girlfriend of mine does printing for me for free.
I get them 'dropped' for 45$ per 1000, no limits and I can choose what sectors of town i want them done in. I do 1000-2000 at a time.
Each time, have had a minimum of 3 appointments out of them, (not including the followups/repeats afterward) so they have always paid for themselves.

Hth's

Im getting some leaflets done this weekend and will be joined by my little brother and sister and boyfriend on the lovely trip out lol... it's prob gonna be freezing but i dont belive in spending mony (leaflet froping companies) if you cant garentee the end redult - acutally being delivered. so do it ya self hun and get in some cold air lol... xx

Fiona I paid to have leaflets delivered with one of the local newspapers. It cost me £16 for 1000 but one of our neighbours rang to tell us that she had had at least 30 of them put through her door!!!

They should be able to tell you how they monitor if the leaflets have been delivered correctly.

I did over 500 leaflets and it took me 2 and 1/2 hours to do it. With an aching back and sore feet, i got 2 responces and they were for one off appointments.

I have never found it to be good in my area for leaflet drops. I know myself, when i get loads of leaflets through my door, i just put them in my recycle bin.

If i want a service of any kind, i always look on the net and yell.com it.

Most hits i get are from my website, yellow pages and word of mouth.

My bofriend paid to have some leaflets handed out the other week for his business and we found them all fluttering around in the wind and rain...definatly not not worth it

Latest posts

Back