Palette stolen at Olympia and returned!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Hi, girls (and boys),

I've been going over this for so many times, it's driving me insane.
Right, we've been exhibiting at Olympia with Wow! Brows. Really busy stand, we've done lots of demos, there were 5 of us at the stand. We all had our own professional eyebrow palette to demonstrate. Becky, one of the therapists with us, had a leopard print palette, it was from the old stock, we only have black ones now to sell. So she is doing a demo, puts the palette down on the table and picks up the mirror to show her lady. The stand was packed, she was surrounded by people. She is selling her client whatever she wanted, turns arounds to take her palette and it's gone. Somebody pinched it.
She came to us upset to say that her pro palette has disappeared. But there was no time for chit chatting so she took a new one and away she went.
In the evening we discussed it, had to laugh of the cheek to steal right under our eyes and when there are so many people around.
We returned to Bristol and a week later we receive a call from a lady to say that she bought a palette at the show and it was used. I was horrified and apologised and I have to say for a second I did think...but i thought No way...I asked her to send it back.
Guess what? It was the stolen palette....What am I going to do? I am simply stunned by the courage to send back a stolen item demanding to replace with a new one. She paid she paid cash. We didn't give out receipts at the show but we offered to send people receipts in the post after.
what do you all think??

July x

I think I'd be tempted to ignore any contact from her, hanging onto the palette in the mean time.
When she actually calls I'd say, thank you so much for having the courage to return the palette after you'd stolen it. As a thank you we're not going to pass your details to the police...

Lynne, I'm very tempted to do that...:eek::eek:

I would reply saying that this palette was actually stolen from the show. Tell her it was the only one of that design and that's how you know it was stolen. Ask her for a description of the person who sold it to her so that you can pass the details on to the police.

I would contact the police, might make her think twice in future !

Latest posts

Back