Paraffin & Arthritic Probs??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather111

Reaction score
:?: Forgot to ask....I've heard the wax dip is good for Arthritic problems. Anyone heard the same??

Warm wax treatment is wonderfully soothing to aching arthritic joints and has been used in hospitals for years to give pain relief.

hi
i have two elderly clients who i give regular hot wax treatments too ...feet and hands ...i visit them every friday morning before going to the salon .they find it of great benefit for their arthritis .i also get paid by the local health authority to give them this service
icon14.gif
..it seems it is far cheaper for me to go to them than for them to be taken by ambulance to the local hospital where hot wax is applied as part of physio treatment...though they don't want physio as they say it just makes them feel worse
icon_cry.gif
one of my clients (she is 84)also has a manicure and regurlarly wears nail art
icon_cheesygrin.gif

take care
debbie

.i also get paid by the local health authority to give them this service

yogacat said:
.i also get paid by the local health authority to give them this service

How did you manage to sort that out? I would be *very* interested to do that for clients in my area. I am already mainly into the "health" aspects of things, but getting paid by the local ha would be great! Even just to get a few extra clients would be good:)[/QUOTE]
hi this is a copy of a pm message i sent to heather on the same issue ..hope it helps [img]http://www.samuelsweet.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

i actually found out about it purely by accident ...a nurse who was having a manicure with hot wax mentioned that it would be of great help to people with arthritis...a few days later she rang me to see if i would be interested and it followed on from there ...at one time i had 6 regular clients ...but two moved and two passed away
icon_cry.gif
.it was social service who actually set everything into motion
hope this helps
debbie

I do regular wax treatments on some of my more mature clients. My mum has very bad joint problems and use to go to the hospital for wax baths. So i brought my own and now she as one and nice nails too.

i actually found out about it purely by accident ...a nurse who was having a manicure with hot wax mentioned that it would be of great help to people with arthritis...a few days later she rang me to see if i would be interested and it followed on from there ...at one time i had 6 regular clients ...but two moved and two passed away
icon_cry.gif
.it was social service who actually set everything into motion
hope this helps
debbie[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for that - could come in handy! :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back