Paraffin wax bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyndy

Reaction score
Hi All
I have searched the threads and cant really find what I am looking for so I hope someone can help.
I have a client booked for a week on Friday and she would like a manicure with paraffin wax. Problem is I only have a paraffin wax bath which take ages to melt the wax.
I am new to mobile and was wondering if anyone has come up with any ideas on how to melt the wax a bit quicker then transferring into the bath to keep warm.

Thanks ladies
Lyndy x

Watching this one with inerest, as I don't think there's a short cut but I'm hoping to be proved wrong !:irked:

I was going to suggest the same as claire!! There is also an amazing gadget on the market called perfectsense check out this link!! Welcome to Spa Revolutions however I don't know if ther are any distributors in the uk also I'm not sure on a price!! I also remember Reading somewhere about using a flask to transport heated paraffin wax however have never tried this myself!! Hope this helps!! Xx

Thanks for your replies . Think I will have to look into beauty express route if I am going to add this as a permanent service.
Thanks again
xx

I know it's extra money but have you thought about using paraffin wax cartridges and the cartridge heater. Easier for mobile use, spray on what you require and can reheat for a further client if enough in cartridge. Throw away once used.

This is what I was looking to get if I offered paraffin wax whilst mobile... still might!

Buy Hive Mini Multi Pro Cartridge Heater from Beauty Express

Buy Paraffin Cartridges from Beauty Express

Just a thought...

Just a quick question about the cartridges, can you refill them with pellets or do you have to throw them away?

Would be great if you can as it would save a bit of money, and maybe the cartridges for roll on warm wax can be refilled with warm wax pellets?

Just a quick question about the cartridges, can you refill them with pellets or do you have to throw them away?

Would be great if you can as it would save a bit of money, and maybe the cartridges for roll on warm wax can be refilled with warm wax pellets?

I was told at college when we used them to just throw them away when we were finished, from the looks of it they couldn't be refilled. But the cartridge do do a couple of treatments.

Plus you can use the heater for roll on wax cartirdges too, so if you offered both services you could use the one heater.

It's a shame they can't be refilled, but like I said I haven't look too much in to this.

I'm going to try a little experiment when my wax arrives let me know if you think this is nuts.
I'll going to melt it in a pan then put the melted wax bath to keep it warm , is that ok or just daft !
Lyndy

Have you actually used them because I was thinking of getting them and using them for facials also but wanted to know how the clients liked them first?

I have used the spray cartridges in college for luxury manicures and pedicures and the clients absolutely loved them! They loved the range of scents they came in and couldn't get enough - actually had one person return for a luxury pedi and requested me.

Not sure how/if you could use these particular cartridges for facials though.

I keep the paraffin bath for my pedicures and i brought a smaller paraffin heat for my manicure from salonserve for around £15 its small container, but heats up very quickly around 5mins i use my chocolate one in there!!mmmmm

Nehoo check out other suppliers as you can get some really good deals with the compact ones, my one doesnt have a dial for adjusting temp (only downside) but does heat up quick! But to answer your question i personally leave on on the highest temperature while i treat the client...thens its ready for use (around 10mins or so).... u could try around the edges of the bath!! HTH's xoxo

I was doing a pamper night once, and forgot to turn my wax heater on in the morning. My hubby came to the rescue 1 hour before and chipped all the was out of the heater and melted it on the hob! took about 20 mins!! If I had thought after I would have decanted the wax and done this the next time too. I will in future.

Latest posts

Back