Parafin Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grace

Reaction score
Hi, its been a while I have had quite a bit on but just needed to throw a question at ya all.

Every time i do a parafin wax treatment i seem to have issues and its getting me down as the qualities to this treatment are vast but no good if you cant perform it fault free hey!

The problems are I use the same heater that i use for my hair removal waxing, obviously not the same insert pot of product, i just pop the little silver lining pot into the heater and heat up been using the pellets as they come in lovely smells however they seem to have to be heated to a high temp to melt to a decent consitancy to brush on and then the parafin wax seems to be far to hot to apply and causes discomfort if you turn the temp of the heater down the silly stuff seems to harden so its ni on impossible to brush on inbetween that the dam brush gets clogged up and then its like working in a mickey mouse factory with a stick and hard wax, its not the proffesional look i was aiming for.

So would i do better obtaining one of the parafin wax baths? or is there a better method with the bog standard heaters that im not aware of? When i trained many moons ago now in this particular therapy I used exactly the same method as i do now and never had any problems so am puzzled as to why i can not seem to get the correct temp and brush usage now. Or would i do better using the bandages that they advertise now that you just dip in?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated on this.
Thanks Grace x

grace said:
Hi, its been a while I have had quite a bit on but just needed to throw a question at ya all.

Every time i do a parafin wax treatment i seem to have issues and its getting me down as the qualities to this treatment are vast but no good if you cant perform it fault free hey!

The problems are I use the same heater that i use for my hair removal waxing, obviously not the same insert pot of product, i just pop the little silver lining pot into the heater and heat up been using the pellets as they come in lovely smells however they seem to have to be heated to a high temp to melt to a decent consitancy to brush on and then the parafin wax seems to be far to hot to apply and causes discomfort if you turn the temp of the heater down the silly stuff seems to harden so its ni on impossible to brush on inbetween that the dam brush gets clogged up and then its like working in a mickey mouse factory with a stick and hard wax, its not the proffesional look i was aiming for.

So would i do better obtaining one of the parafin wax baths? or is there a better method with the bog standard heaters that im not aware of? When i trained many moons ago now in this particular therapy I used exactly the same method as i do now and never had any problems so am puzzled as to why i can not seem to get the correct temp and brush usage now. Or would i do better using the bandages that they advertise now that you just dip in?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated on this.
Thanks Grace x

i have a wax heater specifically for my parafin wax....takes a while to heat up if you put too much wax in.

I got it off ebay about £35.

Its great to 'dip' sanitised hands and feet in....LURVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that feeling...but boy..yes it is hot !!!!!!

I tend to brush it on first....then let them have a dip....

easier to remove if you let them dip too, as its thicker!

amb x

Its a much easier application if you use a parraffin bath, and "dip" clients sanitised hands/feet in to the wax. It looks more professional, is quicker, clients seem to like it more, however there are always queries as to how hygenic this method is. As long as your clients hands/feet are sanitised, prior to dipping, and all used wax is disposed of aftr you remo0ve it from the clients hands/feet, then you are fine.

Hi Grace,

If you can use a paraffin bath, great ! This is a much nicer option.

If you cant, I also use my wax heater to heat up my paraffin as I am mobile and cant schlep a paraffin bath with me.

However, I use the paraffin wax that comes in the same size pot as the hair removal wax. I normally heat it up in the microwave for about 4 min and then put it in the heater. By the time I've done my treatment and need to use the paraffin, it is all melted and just the right temp.

Unfortunately, the paraffin isn't scented, but I believe you can add some essential oil to make it smell nice.

HTH's

River

I use the same heater as my hair removal wax, just a different bucket.

I can't say that i've had any problems with it. Do you give it plenty of time to warm up?

I find that if you try to heat it up too quickly you end up with superheated wax that's no good to anyone. I just keep it on number 2 or 3 and that's fine.

I'm currently using the Capital plain one.

hi miss, i think it s hot anyway. i did my boyfirend last wk and he was saying how warm it was but to me it was ok. i think some people are just more sensitive. i've bought the wee bandage things, havent had a chance to use them though. i thought they would help
x

i havent used it but i have heard about the cold paraffin wax method, it has a thermal gel or something that you put on and it warms up on the skin, it looks pretty good and i am thinking of getting some , hth dee

Latest posts

Back