Patch test for lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDW

Reaction score
Just wondered how everyone does their patch test before lash extensions? I use flirties lash glue.
If people test by putting one or two lashes on the outer corners, do you use the pads under the eyes too. I'm just thinking this method will obviously use more product if I am using the pads but do you have to test for reaction to the pads aswell?

Bump

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I apply a few lashes to each eye & use every product I would use in the full treatment.
So make up remover, pads, primer, glue, lashes & sealant.
Hth

Hiya, I also use every product I would use for lash extensions as part of the patch test to expose them to all products, just in case they are sensitive to another element of the treatment..... How you differentiate what they've reacted to is another issue... But often it's obvious if it's the pads due to location of reaction and I've found pads aggravate the client straight away if they are sensitive to them.

What I have started doing recently is only patch testing the glue on one eye, so applying a few very short fine lashes to the outer corner of one eye only. The reason for this is that I had a client who came back with a possible reaction. I believed it to be the glue, she believed it to be hay fever. I advised not to go ahead with the treatment, but as she really wanted them done and was adamant it was hay fever, I agreed to redo her patch test in 2 weeks when/if her hay fever had gone down. She returned and patch tested as normal..... Came back with puffy eyes.... Said it was hay fever still. Refused to treat her..... Month or so later she asked again so I patch tested her once more but this time only ONE eye, using a fair amount of glue for exposure purpose. Next day one very puffy eyelid at the exact site of the patch test, she finally believed me and thanked me for my caution!!

Some peeps wake up with puffy eyes, some clients get puffy eyes due to hay fever, so sometimes a reaction may not be evident to the client if the puffiness is bilateral. One sided testing to me makes it very obvious if it's the product!

Sorry it was so long but hope it helps :) xx

I recently completed a Lash Perfect course and was advised to place the glue behind the clients ear to see if a reaction occurs.

Is this wrong should i be patch testing a different way as i have patch tested a few clients this way.

thank you

The most important people to check with on your patch testing routine would be your insurance company. Speak to them about it, I spoke to mine and they told me to patch test how I was taught in my training and I would be fully covered. You will need to keep records and consent forms to provide to the insurance company should an issue occur.
Once I had checked with mine it made me feel much more confident in what I was doing, and then much more confident in my lashing.
Hope this helps x

I recently completed a Lash Perfect course and was advised to place the glue behind the clients ear to see if a reaction occurs.

Is this wrong should i be patch testing a different way as i have patch tested a few clients this way.

thank you

Glue shouldn't touch the skin. Plus glue doesn't touch the skin during a treatment so it's a false outcome anyways x

Latest posts

Back