Patch testing and no show's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid11

Reaction score
Need some advice! I have a new client booked in this week for a full set of lashes and a few other treatments. When she booked a couple of weeks ago my colleague explained she would need to book in a patch test, she said yes thats fine ( I state on my website and pricelist this has to be carried out).

Anyway it didn't get made there and then, so assumed she would call again to book in. A few days ago I noticed she hadn't so I have now left two voicemails confirming her appointment and asking to call to book in her patch test. Still not heard back.

Now I had this happen a couple of times before Christmas, new clients booking patch test and lash appointment then not turning up for test and I had tried contacting them as their appointment still booked and got no answer back, so annoying!!

Time is now running out, I'm tempted to leave her a message saying if we dont hear from her by a certain day her lashes will be canceled out (2hour appointment!) but rest of treatments will be fine.

What would you do?

I think if she hasnt got back to you after 2 voicemails she wont be coming. I would phone her and say if you dont hear from her by the end of the day you will have to cancel her lash appointment. Its a big appointment time, i have now started taking deposits for semi perm eyelashes as had a few no shows before christmas, time is money you need to have enough warning so you can fill the appointment.

I hope she does call you back and get her test done and become a lovely client. xx

Need some advice! I have a new client booked in this week for a full set of lashes and a few other treatments. When she booked a couple of weeks ago my colleague explained she would need to book in a patch test, she said yes thats fine ( I state on my website and pricelist this has to be carried out).

Anyway it didn't get made there and then, so assumed she would call again to book in. A few days ago I noticed she hadn't so I have now left two voicemails confirming her appointment and asking to call to book in her patch test. Still not heard back.

Now I had this happen a couple of times before Christmas, new clients booking patch test and lash appointment then not turning up for test and I had tried contacting them as their appointment still booked and got no answer back, so annoying!!

Time is now running out, I'm tempted to leave her a message saying if we dont hear from her by a certain day her lashes will be canceled out (2hour appointment!) but rest of treatments will be fine.

What would you do?

Sounds fair to me. You can't ruin your reputation if she has a reaction and others may find out you allowed this client so expect the same.
Something allong the lines of "hi x, I have left you two voice mails recently, I am just informing you that for health and safety reasons you must come for a skin test by date,
If you can't make it please call us back on your number and we can re arrange otherwise your lash appointment will be canceled although we will still be able to do x y and z for you xoxo

I think that taking a deposit for bigger appointments is fair and also, something I used to do was to phrase my voicemail (or email/SMS) this way,

Dear xxx, please confirm your appointment for xxxx. If we don't hear from you by xxxx, we will assume you no longer wish to attend and will cancel you appointment. Regards xxx

.... Or words to that effect. There's only so much chasing you can do....

I agree with the other geeks. You are being professional by phoning to confirm etc. Now you need to ensure you don't waste the appointment time if you have other clients that would love to book in. What BizGirl said sounds good :)

Latest posts

Back