Patch Testing for Lash Extensions (Again.....)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought one of the reasons to patch test eyelash extensions was to see if the glue fumes gave a reaction to the client. If glue were to be placed behind the ear or wherever, it wouldn't be near enough to the eye. The glue shouldn't even touch the skin.

Hi Elliebee,

The instructions for Colourstart are approved by the Colourstart insurer. I hope you don't mind me saying, but your insurer sounds very unhelpful. The information below is from our insurance provider.

[FONT=&quot]"Whilst you may be concerned about using Colourstart due to an exclusion in your insurance policy that states that you will not be covered for any bodily injury caused by use of any hair colorant unless you use the manufacturers own testing system please be assured that if your salon’s insurers don’t respond then Colourstart’s will. The Colourstart product is insured by Chubb Insurance Company of Europe SE, one of the largest insurance Companies in the World, and, provided you have followed the correct testing regime for the product, should you have any claims relating to an allergic reaction to the application of any manufacturers hair colorant, cover would be provided this insurance policy."[/FONT]

As none of the eyelash products are ever supposed to touch the skin i would NOT recommend to do a patch test on the skin.
a) it might give a reaction to the skin whereas it wouldnt if applied to the lashes
b) it might not show a reaction to the eye whereas if applied to the lashes it would
so i would stick to the safe side and apply the products you are using (should only be 4 lashes for primer, adhesive, debonder and sealant) so they wont have to remove too much of their mascara and its very straight forward. Alternatively if they are reluctant get them to sign the consultation form with the comment that they have refused to have a patch test done and the treatment is applied at their own risk just to cover your back

It's reasonable for me to respond to allyballybee's comments about Colourstart insurance. You are insured using Colourstart.

You're right Colourstart. I was simply skimming through the answers for responses to my question and hadn't registered allyballybee's comment about colourstart. My apologies.

I've decided to stick with what I was taught/what my insurer recommends which is to apply a few extensions to client's lashes. If they don't want to go through that on the night, they will need to book in for a patch test at a later date.

Hopefully, they will realise I am only being professional and will look at it positively.

Isn't patch testing becoming a minefield!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back