PAYG Microdermabrasion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlo

Reaction score
Does anyone currently have the Skin Base Microdermabrasion machine in that you pay as you go on? Just wondered wether this seems to be working out for you? I am trying to weigh up the options of getting that in vs paying crystal clear on finance??! Is there any outlay at all with the skn base one? Are the treatments as effective as crsytal clear??

Any opinions at all would be really appreciated

Many Thanks

There is no hiden cost with skinbase. I have had it a year and it's a great machine. At least with skinbase you have nothing to loss, if you haven't made your money back in 6 months they give you your money back. Also your only contracted for 6 months after that you can hand the machine back. At least that way you can see how it takes off.

It sounds really good. I was just like is it too good to be true lol.

Are the treatments effective? How much do you roughly charge for your treatments?

Many Thanks:lol:

Hi I have had the machine nearly a year now and its been great, I have only done 4 courses but do over 14 monthly treatments some combined with bup machine. Customer service is always very good. I am now looking at buying the machine as I would make more money. When I enquired I was informed I would get a new machine and 3 years grarantee.

So overal really pleased. Hope this helps

Sent from my generic using SalonGeek

Thats a massive help

Thanks ever so much. Might as well give it a go for 6months and see how it goes :)

Thank you

I've had one since May and it's going really well for me too. I'm only a small home based salon and average around 2 a week but have had 3 or 4 in a week but my clients love it. I've done a few courses and then they go onto monthly treatments. I charge £35 per treatment but if they book a course of 6 or more they get one treatment free.

Good customer service and all the crystals and everything you need are included in the price. The only downside I have found that if you don't have anything booked in or you are on holiday (I work at home by myself) you still get charged £12 for that week although I usually treat myself if this happens.

If you give them a ring they will send you an information pack with everything you need to know.

Do they charge per week or per treatment?

They charge per treatment but the minimum treatment per week is 1. So if you don't have a client in that week you will be charged for one treatment (I usually do it on myself if this happens and it has only happended twice since may and I was closed both weeks!)

Dont rely on getting your money back after six months ..... I handed mine back got diddly squat back from them except to be told they would be charging me 35 pound plus vat to collect it back. :evil:

Dont rely on getting your money back after six months ..... I handed mine back got diddly squat back from them except to be told they would be charging me 35 pound plus vat to collect it back. :evil:

Did you not make any money at all then? In their literature they say they refund the difference i.e. the money you have lost, so in 6 months you would pay £312 so they would refund the difference between that and the money you made from clients? Have I got this right?

Hi Debbie,

It's Richard from SkinBase. I'm sorry if you feel we have let you down, we do take our responsibility to honour our promises very seriously.

I'm sending you a rebate claim form in the post. We have no record of you asking for a refund, however, this does not mean that you did not, we may have simply made a mistake.

I have looked into your account and you did have the machine from July 2010 to November 2011. This is approximately 16 months. The guarantee is really only for salons that do the 6 months and then send the machine back. This is only reasonable. The fact that you kept it 16 months indicates that you must have been happy with it to keep it so long after the minimum 6 month period. You did complete enough treatments in the first 6 months to cover your treatment fees also. I will however consider your claim fairly as we really do not want any misunderstandings or hard feelings.

I also looked into the collection arrangement and we did collect the machine back at our cost so I do not understand your comments about charging you for the collection.

Let me know if you do not receive the claim form in the post for any reason. Please email me direct on [email protected] if you have any further concerns.

Everybody here really does try their best at all times, but as expected, occasionally, even with the best will in the world, we do sometimes make mistakes.

Will anybody else that feels let down by SkinBase, for whatever reason, please also email me direct on [email protected] and I will do my best to put any problems right.

Many thanks,
Richard Faulkner
MD
SkinBase

I would like to thank Richard for replying so quickly. It is nice to see some good customer support. :wink2:

Hi we use the skinbase micro machine in our salon. The results are great and the back up from customer care is outstanding.
Before we purchased Skinbase we had demonstrations from Crystal Clear too, both sytems were equally as good but felt more at ease with our trainer from Skinbase.

We were able to also have a trial period and see if it worked for our salon. clients loved it & some bought course's, looking at all the benefits we decided to buy it and paid over three instalments.

It has easily been one of the best purchase's of equipment to date!
They offer advertising materials and the cost of crystals etc is very competative.

Skinbase do offer really good ways to finance your purchase and maybe they will do a trial for you.

I think you will find them very friendly and efficient in dealing with your queries and if its not for you just hand your machine back xx

@ richf - How nice to see such an uplifting and correctly worded reply. Well done Skinbase for your quick rectification.
JES

Latest posts

Back