PayPal scam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm29

Reaction score
Just had an email from paypal to say unauthorised activity has taken place £75 to facebook

Checked pay pal acc can't see anything checked banked and can't see a withdrawal

Anyone else had one?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389878744.449691.jpg

What's underlined looks dodgy

Iv cropped it to keep email add private so looks odd

Looks very dodgy! Delete it. Xx

Should I not keep it? Just incase
Iv never had anything like that

Why did they spell centre and center two different ways!? Dodgy!!

My boyfriend got emails like that and he hasn't even got a paypal account.

When you actually click on the sender it will have a weird email address... On my iPhone I just touch the sender and it opens there contact details. I gaur enter it's not from PayPal!
Also was it addressed to you or "dear customer"?
Do not reply as that is how they can start accessing your info somehow.
I've had this before several times.
I'd advise you to forward this email to PayPal (there should be an email address on there website ) as they need to be aware of these scams.

When you actually click on the sender it will have a weird email address... On my iPhone I just touch the sender and it opens there contact details. I gaur enter it's not from PayPal!
Also was it addressed to you or "dear customer"?
Do not reply as that is how they can start accessing your info somehow.
I've had this before several times.
I'd advise you to forward this email to PayPal (there should be an email address on there website ) as they need to be aware of these scams.

Sender 2013 pay pal security

Wasn't addressed to anyone
On my I phone it came up
Sender
My email add
Then what's in the photo

Thanks il email pay pal now

Don't click on the link... Forward it to paypal & then delete it. Xx

It's a phishing scam (I think Paypal would probably spell dispute properly) delete it, ignore it and don't click on any links.

If you're REALLY worried about it, log into your Paypal account without clicking those links. It'll be flagged as a dispute.

However, it's 99.9999999999% certain it's Phishing. I've had loads myself today.

Oh might change my email add then

They're not sending it to people who they know have Paypal. They send these emails to millions of people in case they have Paypal.

They know millions of people around the world have a Paypal account. So, they're just hedging their bets. They want people to click on a dodgy link to a fake Paypal account so you'll put your username and password in. Once you've done that, they (and when I say they, it's all automated by a computer, there's not an evil genius sat there laughing at you) will log into the REAL Paypal account and rinse it.

Seriously, don't worry about it.

To be really safe, I NEVER click on a link on an email to visit a bank/Paypal etc...I'll go to the web and visit the site myself.

***EDIT*** I've just Googled it and it's a pretty common scam email

Whoops!

You've not been targeted specifically, hundreds of thousands of people will be getting this email today.

You'd think if you were going to run a scam like this and send it out to thousands and thousands in the hope to get a bite that you'd actually proof read it first?! Idiots.

The scam ones from the HMRC are very good and very realistic, I can imagine lots of people giving their bank details over the internet for that one! I like the ones from overseas. The husband has millions to deposit and needs your bank details, he wants to help his son who has no legs and two fingers on the left hand, the nan has recently died aged 138 and the mother who has children ranging from 6 months to 25 years and all the colours of the rainbow has run off with the local town toilet cleaner and now they are all destitute.. I did once reply with 'Chin Up' I chuckled for hours over that one! Clearly had nothing better to do.

Last edited:
It's a phishing scam (I think Paypal would probably spell dispute properly) delete it, ignore it and don't click on any links.

If you're REALLY worried about it, log into your Paypal account without clicking those links. It'll be flagged as a dispute.

However, it's 99.9999999999% certain it's Phishing. I've had loads myself today.

Agreed :green:

The scam ones from the HMRC are very good and very realistic, I can imagine lots of people giving their bank details over the internet for that one! I like the ones from overseas. The husband has millions to deposit and needs your bank details, he wants to help his son who has no legs and two fingers on the left hand, the nan has recently died ages 138 and the mother who has children ranging from 6 months to 25 years and all the colours of the rainbow has run off with the local town toilet cleaner and now they are all destitute.. I did once reply with 'Chin Up' I chuckled for hours over that one! Clearly had nothing better to do.

Lovely wee read. I can't stop laughing. You should write a story book. You'd be rich :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back