PayPal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does the izettle terminal cost though? Xoxo

How much does the izettle terminal cost though? Xoxo

The iZettle card reader is £20.00 you also get a £20.00 Voucher towards your transaction fees. The EE Mobile phone shop sells them or you can order it via iZettle website.

Receipts can be emailed or printed via airprinter. I email mine as the client puts her coat on, by the time she is ready the email is there with her receipt attached.

My money has been available within 9/10 days, they say 4 working days to your account and 3 days to clear. I have had no problems so far and email support is pretty good too.

Just my findings xxxx

The iZettle card reader is £20.00 you also get a £20.00 Voucher towards your transaction fees. The EE Mobile phone shop sells them or you can order it via iZettle website.

Receipts can be emailed or printed via airprinter. I email mine as the client puts her coat on, by the time she is ready the email is there with her receipt attached.

My money has been available within 9/10 days, they say 4 working days to your account and 3 days to clear. I have had no problems so far and email support is pretty good too.

Just my findings xxxx

Thanks am going to take a closer look into it xoxo

Just make sure with any of these systems which card types are accepted - many won't work with Visa cards in Europe.

Just make sure with any of these systems which card types are accepted - many won't work with Visa cards in Europe.

I can take visa, the input method is slighty different. I enter the clients mobile number in the Visa choice and they complete the transaction on their smart phone, i then get a message on my phone to say that it has gone through and then can email the receipt or air print it.... Blackberry is the only one that can be troublesome xxxx

Help | iZettle just scroll down till you see the Visa payment help :hug:

Last edited:
When registering for izette did you register as business or personal? I am a sole trader and I'm a bit confused here x

"My money has been available within 9/10 days, they say 4 working days to your account and 3 days to clear. I have had no problems so far and email support is pretty good too."

I'm really surprised they're allowed to do this. In the EU internet bank transfers have to clear within 24 hours.

I might be wrong (and probably am) but I could have sworn that there's new legislation that these companies aren't allowed to hold onto your funds in order to make interest on it. You can imagine the money they're making on a few days worth of interest if they're holding onto millions of pounds worth of capital.

Paypal now allows you access to the funds within a couple of hours- after fighting tooth and nail against the new law.

Tamebay : Blog : Paypal ‘not able’ to comply with new EU Law

So, why do Izettle (and the like) have to hold onto funds for so long?....

Having looked at iZettle's website and looked at how the system works and at the card reader it uses how do you know that the card that your client is using isnt stolen???

Do you ask for ID?

If I have to swipe a card on my card machine i HAVE to ask for ID as I'm held legally responable by my bank to make sure anything that is not chip and pin'd has to be security checked by id or security questions before i can authorise the payment on the terminal.

does iZettle have these features?

Last edited:
Having looked at iZettle's website and looked at how the system works and at the card reader it uses how do you know that the card that your client is using isnt stolen???

Do you ask for ID?

If I have to swipe a card on my card machine i HAVE to ask for ID as I'm held legally responable by my bank to make sure anything that is not chip and pin'd has to be security checked by id or security questions before i can authorise the payment on the terminal.

does iZettle have these features?

Why? I used to work somewhere that wouldn't update to chip as pin, as long as it stated mr or mrs etc... And the genders matched as a signature was on the card all was good.
The only sure way I can find that's not implemented yet would be to have a photo on the card.
My idea is, have a photo on the card, the card is passed to the retailer, photo checked then just swiped no signature or pin as its impossible to impersonate a face. Xoxo

Why? I used to work somewhere that wouldn't update to chip as pin, as long as it stated mr or mrs etc... And the genders matched as a signature was on the card all was good.
The only sure way I can find that's not implemented yet would be to have a photo on the card.
My idea is, have a photo on the card, the card is passed to the retailer, photo checked then just swiped no signature or pin as its impossible to impersonate a face. Xoxo

In the USA they swipe and require photo id. A lot cheaper and simpler solution.

Does anyone set a minimum amount before they can pay by card?

I use iZettle too. I received my payments in my bank account within the 4 working days no problem. My clients think it is brilliant. I do too. Cheaper than Paypal as well. I was losing quite a bit with their charge rates. I think we've got other companies on the hop as they keep phoning me, after I showed interest, to register with them for their mobile terminals/gadgets.

As iZettle is working for ok at the moment, I will stick with it. If any problems occur then I have plenty others to look at as alternatives. iZettle are apparently looking at making it work with Visa the same as the other cards, so in the near future the client will input the card and payment using the actual chip and pin facility.

Hope this helps you decide.

Latest posts

Back