Pedicure bowl split

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgaltherapist

Reaction score
Well I am really disappointed about my wooden pedicure bowl I got from Pinks boutique, it has a leak! I have looked after it lovingly - oiled it after every treatment etc but when a crack started which I could not stop the water must have seeped inside and caused the leak. It has really put me off wood bowls now as i paid a lot of money for it (well I think so) yet it went so well with my therapy room theme! There is no point me speaking to Pinks as they have a six month policy and I have had it for 8.

Has anyone else had any similar problems or is it just me? Can I repair it? Does anyone know of anywhere where I can get a reasonably priced copper or resin bowl? Have looked on the net but they are astronomically expensive!

Thanks

oh no thats rubbish! I was considering one of those, how much was it?

Do you really think people prefer them to the bubbles and heat? One would certainly look better in my salon than the foot bath i use.

I would push it with them if i was you! best of luck!

you could repair it. it just needs filling with a resin or a mix of wood dust and wood glue, left to harden and then oiled over and over.

a good furniture restorer would be able to help, or usually a Dad :lol:

Btw have you rung the supplier to complain

with most products u usually have a 12 month guarantee look at trading standards

I think I paid just over 50 pounds (sorry got an american keyboard so no pound sign) for it which was an expense when starting out. i absolutely love it too as it looks so gorgeous and all my clients feel really special with it.

thats an interesting idea about furniture restorer - unfortunately I am married to Mr Bodgit so no good asking him :lol:. I may contact the supplier but I have a feeling that it will be that they guarantee for 6 months etc and is stated on paperwork and website, I'm not sure they like me either :cry:.

Anyway, thank you for your help everyone.

i really would look into the 6 months thing im not sure they can do that x il have a bit of a search for u hun x

Hi, I have one of these bowls and have had it for over 12 months with no problems...I really would try speaking to Pinks....I always found them very helpful....hope this helps.

Sarah x

Give Pinks a call. I am sure they would like this story to have a happy ending (especially when people search on Google).

If I were the supplier I would certainly replace the product.

Latest posts

Back