Pedicure / Manicure??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there,

flop flip i mean flip flops LOL
are a must for any pedicure, i brought a job lots off ebay for 20pence each and never have to worry.

also you can include the nail polish in with the price of the pedicure, this will mean that they can touch up

For clients who come for pedicures and are not wearing flip-flops and do not want to buy disposable ones, I usually wrap the feet in clingfilm before they put their shoes or boots back on. Not ideal I know but I was taught to do this at a salon where I worked. Some clients do think we are miracle workers!

Oooh yes Christine, I'd be interested to know if this actually works. lol.

If the client leaves the salon and her polished nails are intact and unsmudged then I would charge further if they asked for smudges to be repaired. Provided they are given advice to leave their nails for at least an hour to be touch dry and of course several hours to be properly dry.

If clients are having a pedi then advise them to bring flip flops or suggest that you do sell pedi slippers.

Ask them to pay for the hand polish in advance so they don't have to dig in the bags afterwards and to have car keys ready. We are talking 'polish' here at about £15/ set , not gel or l&p which sets rock hard immediately and cost £30 plus. I honestly don't think waivers are needed to be signed.

It is also important for the nail tech to ensure that she/he uses polish which is not old and thick as this does take longer to dry because of the viscosity.
Ok. Put it to the test today. I applied base coat, 2 x coats of enamel and a top coat.

1st trial, after 15mins, I applied Solar Oil and wrapped foot in plastic bag and put my shoe on and walked around the salon for about 15mins. Result - enamel slightly dulled and slightly smudged.

2nd trial, after 30mins, I applied Solar Oil and wrapped foot in clingfilm and put my shoes on AND went for a walk around town for about 1hr. Result - perfect polish with no smudging.

Conclusion - I think to be confident in sending a client away wearing shoes or boots after a pedi, 30mins minimum has to be allowed. I would then apply Solar Oil and wrap the feet in clingfilm afterwich the client can go their happy way. I would ask the client to take their boots/shoes off as soon as possible. I recommend clingfilm over plastic bags as I think the bag is more prone to movement. Make sure you go round the toes a couple of times with the clingfilm and be generous with the Solar Oil or Solar Speed Spray. It is still more ideal that the client come with open toed shoes but this is a great safetynet for those clients that don't.:)

Conclusion - I think to be confident in sending a client away wearing shoes or boots after a pedi, 30mins minimum has to be allowed. I would then apply Solar Oil and wrap the feet in clingfilm afterwich the client can go their happy way. I would ask the client to take their boots/shoes off as soon as possible. I recommend clingfilm over plastic bags as I think the bag is more prone to movement. Make sure you go round the toes a couple of times with the clingfilm and be generous with the Solar Oil or Solar Speed Spray. It is still more ideal that the client come with open toed shoes but this is a great safetynet for those clients that don't.:)
Fantastic Chris and thank you for doing the experiment for us. This is great info. Do you geeks never run out of brill ideas, lol:lol:.

I do most of my clients mobile

i always suggest they have a flip flops to wear after

but i like the cling film trick so many thanks for sharing

i will defo be doing this!! u know nearly all my clients come in socks and boots and expect the toes to be ready to put back in their boots after 5 mins drying time. so will have to do this on them thanks!!
x

I have never done nails on clients as am new and just training, but i always wrap my toes in cling film after doing myself a pedicure, as i usually polish them at night when kids are in bed !!
I got fed up of waking up to find them smudged......It was my husband that suggested the cling film, so i know it works, have never tried it with shoes on though......

Latest posts

Back