Pedicures - hard skin removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's it!

Deb found another local source for you as well so you might want to drop her a line.

have u seen those machines 4 the cutticles? they also have an attachment 4 the pedicures its cone shaped u just attatch it &run it along dry feet all the hard skin goes.

i then use a soft pumice 2 buff over

hi ya...well my VERY small pot arrived yesterday.....had the best customer in the world to try it on just so happen to be booked in last night.

I applied it let it soak in for about 5 mins as we are talking MEGA thick skin (euch!!) though whooppppppppeeeeeeeeee she is going to be so pleased with me tonight!

After 5 mins it said to wipe away and rasp/file...which i did not WOW results like i had expected??

Soaked.....scrubbed ...with my new creative tool....then decided to do a parrafin wax.

I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG??? How does everyone else use it and get wizzo results?

AMB XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Amb,
With super thick callouses, you may need to repeat the procedure a few times but it will work. The goal is to make the callous smaller but not take it away all together. Just make sure you start the whole thing with a nice long soak of at least 10 min. If I have to reapply it, I use a wet towel to remove the product in between applications so the foot bath doesn't turn into some weird primordeal soup.

perhaps thats where i went wrong i applied THEN SOAKED not soaked then applied DOH dumbo!!!

I will give it another go..i was just going by the piccy on the site i looked at with those WONDERFUL BEFORE & AFTER PICS !!

Thanks 4 the reply

AMB xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You're welcome!

I think their directions aren't very concise but soaking will help soften the callous not to mention deodorize and sanitize the feet before working on them. Make sure you dry the foot before applying the gel so it doesn't get diluted.

Mrs Geek said:
All the replies have been wonderful 'smooth don't remove' even better to do it using AHA Sea Serum which really breaks down harsh calluses..if you do a search on Sea Serum there should be some good info on it!!

Stick to your guns... your gut instinct serves you well! Unfortunately some people still live in the early 80's when it comes to 'how' treatments are performed! :rolleyes:

I am seling 4oz creative sea serum on geekbay. £25. i have 3 to sell, brand new, just overstock that i dont need!!! lol.

Click Here to view

Well I have just ordered some, I have the crappiest feet in the business. so much hard skin around my heals I would have made a better horse than a human, as I would never need to go to the blacksmith to be shoed as I grow my own. so heres hoping for wonderful results. will let you know.

Just ordered some - hope it will help with a couple of clients that I have with callouses on their feet

Amber, does it take long to be delivered?

NOPE VERY QUICK DELIVERY...oops but i find creative cuticle remover (suitable for callus too) just as good !!!

i got from the uk site i think someone else got it from u.s.

HTH

Let me know if you get super doooper results as i must not be using it right!!

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Amber - I ordered mine from the UK site hopefully it will be here before next week so I can try it out. Will let you know how I get on

Chris xxx

I have to say that I think my heels would be a challenge to anything, they are so dry that they split right through the layers of skin so are extremely painfull to walk on and if you are on the beach, ouch!

I go to a chiropodist, she uses a blade, but I don't go very often as she said that just like cuticles, the more you cut the thicker it grows back, I have tried everything, but nothing gets rid of it, the only thing that gives some relief is Vaseline, then plastic booties with a pair of socks over, in bed, very sexy my husband loves it (not).

The doctor said its not related to my eczema, but the splits are very similar to what I get on my hands. I have just learned to live with it.:rolleyes: :irked:

Latest posts

Back