Pedicures on a couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppy

Reaction score
hi all

just took the plunge and bought a couch... ive read that some people do there pedicures on one, but mine only 'bends' up at the head end. How do people get round this? How do clients sit/lay and any tips on the best methods etc...

I only use my couch for dry pedicures. Nails wraps or gel. I usually sit the back up get client to sit slightly reclined with a rolled up towel under her knees, do all the prep in this position and then I lift her leg back so her foot is flat to apply the wraps or paint and put them under the lamp.

I want to try with pedicure bowl but am worried i may have a major spillage lol should probably have a go on myself first x

hi thanks for that. would you soak then get them to get up on the couch then?

I always do my French on the couch really helps to steady my hand!I just put the back up then get my client to sit up.Xx

Hiya I soak first then client on couch, all all my treatment then on scrub Iget client to swing leg round to side the I wash all scrub off, then dry and then swing legs back roundm there on the couch untill Ive finished xx

Put the back fully up and give the client a cushion or pillow to place behind them. You sit at the end of the couch. The client sits with their knees bent and feet flat on the couch, that way you can even soak their feet there if you want to and working on their feet is easy when it comes to working on and painting nails, also much better for your back and posture. :)

I am currently mobile but hopefully going to be working from home soon!! I plan to soak with them in a chair and then move onto the couch when the wet part is finished x

Yes you can do that, there is no problem apart from interrupting the treatment to move them. :)

Put the back fully up and give the client a cushion or pillow to place behind them. You sit at the end of the couch. The client sits with their knees bent and feet flat on the couch, that way you can even soak their feet there if you want to and working on their feet is easy when it comes to working on and painting nails, also much better for your back and posture. :)

This is how we were taught in college too :)

x

You can use a bowl of water and smallmtowels( flannels) to rinse of any scrub rather than getting them to move of the couch xx

I am thinking of getting the client to sit across the couch and then have the pedicure bowl and a low table for all the spa bit. Then when the spa bit is over they can go lengthways on the couch for the polishing bit.

Do you think that would work?

xx

Not as relaxing for the client having to sit up without back support for the soak. This is one of those treatments where it is difficult to combine the client's comfort, our own safety and the practicalities. Just try different ways until you find one that works for you and your clients.:cool:

Thanks shedunlop for confirming what I was thinking deep down (but ignoring....). Back to the drawing board.

xx​

I've been doing all my pedi's as above on a couch without problem until today. I got an email from a client I've seen a couple of times for various treatments. I last saw her over a month ago for a Shellac pedi. This is the feedback she emailed me "I found my last pedicure quite uncomfortable when keeping my legs bent; maybe its because my legs are a little on heavy side. But it would put me off having another pedicure; but i was really pleased with the shellac:)"
Now I don't know whether to rethink it or just accept that not everyone will like it this way and I can't please everyone...:confused: please help feeling really deflated :-(

Latest posts

Back