Perron Rigot vs Berins. Which is best? Need to upgrade wax!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was up for buying the starter pack but I still think £25 is quite a lot to spend on something you might not want to use. If the pack was £20+del I would have bought it.

Speak to Zo-Zo :) She runs the Berins site and I'm sure if there was something in the pack you didn't need she might be able to do something? :) I'm just a big Berins fan but I get where you are coming from :) Shame you're not closer to me or you could have come and had a play with mine (ooeerrr missus lol) :)

I was up for buying the starter pack but I still think £25 is quite a lot to spend on something you might not want to use. If the pack was £20+del I would have bought it.

Only yesterday I was advised the sample pack is £20 + delivery = £25

However, i too think this is fairly high to sample the product but you do get a fair bit in it the kit.

PR sample packs are perfect, just enough to try before you buy.

Ellisons do empty tins for your wax heater. Do u have to do any training to use either brands? Anyone know if they will be at the nec in may?

I suppose technically the Berins kit isnt a trial pack as you get 2 full sized bags of wax( = 1 kg) and a good sized bottle of their jasmine oil, so its going to last you a good while!! I bought this last year after using Euroblond, and imho its a better wax and gentler on the client. Just bought some more too..!! :)

Also, something to bear in mind is that the PR trial packs are approx 1/4 sized, and if there's a small amount in your pot, the temperature can be more difficult to regulate..just something I found out by experience ;)

Last edited:
Zo Zo's very obliging as well and will modify orders (within reason) to suit your needs. I recieved my samples a week ago and I am very impressed with how much product you get for your money. I have only tried the BR crystalline wax but as of yet (a smaller sample so made more sense to use it up first) i haven't used the Berins Blue but once I do try it I'll let you all know.
I am going to try my Berins Ease tonight on my hairy legs trying the speed wax method and I'll give you an update of how it goes! :)

Zo Zo's very obliging as well and will modify orders (within reason) to suit your needs. I recieved my samples a week ago and I am very impressed with how much product you get for your money. I have only tried the BR crystalline wax but as of yet (a smaller sample so made more sense to use it up first) i haven't used the Berins Blue but once I do try it I'll let you all know.
I am going to try my Berins Ease tonight on my hairy legs trying the speed wax method and I'll give you an update of how it goes! :)

So how did it go? :)

So how did it go? :)

Ended up doing my thighs with Berins Ease and bikini with Berins Blue.
Used the large plastic spatula and managed to do my thighs and knees mega quick. The only problem I encountered was I found the Berins Ease seemed to soak through the fabric strip somehow and made my hands sticky! So will try it with paper strips in future. Wax had nice consistency and was impressed with it over my old wax.
Tried Berins Blue and have to say I preferred the consistency over the PR one. It was a really lovely consistency and far less stringy. Loved it.
Think I will try the PR crystal Ocean before fully commuting to the warm wax, just to see what it's like and how it compares.

However I've pretty much fallen in love with the Blue and think this will be the hot wax of choice for me.

Xx

However I've pretty

Ignore the last three words of last post, iPhone app is a pain and won't go to end of text if you click off it by mistake!

And commuting should be committing! Stupid iPhone!

Ended up doing my thighs with Berins Ease and bikini with Berins Blue.
Used the large plastic spatula and managed to do my thighs and knees mega quick. The only problem I encountered was I found the Berins Ease seemed to soak through the fabric strip somehow and made my hands sticky! So will try it with paper strips in future. Wax had nice consistency and was impressed with it over my old wax.
Tried Berins Blue and have to say I preferred the consistency over the PR one. It was a really lovely consistency and far less stringy. Loved it.
Think I will try the PR crystal Ocean before fully commuting to the warm wax, just to see what it's like and how it compares.

However I've pretty much fallen in love with the Blue and think this will be the hot wax of choice for me.

Xx
Glad it worked out!

I'm sure switching strips will help as I use the non woven ones ZoZo sells and have not had that issue. I really rate them, as they are quite wide so cuts down treatment time, but still manageable and you can cover a large area as the strip won't flop over on itself the same way fabric ones can.

My training used a different, but well known brand. I wanted to cry and get back to my Berodin.

I wax men all day long and using a wooden spatula is a bit like painting your hallway with a nail brush.

Thanks Kim, that gave me a good chuckle hehe:D

Latest posts

Back