Pet hates in treatment rooms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a therapist in the spa who tells clients they will have a much better time at a different spa! Manager is calling her in as soon as, she also tells clients everything about herself and interrupts. Those are my main pet hates, but I cannot stand people slamming doors, or talking too loudly😣

I'm exactly the same with towels and toilet rolls!! I HATE the end of the toilet roll against the wall! You never know whats been on the wall thats wiped on the roll that you wipe in your private area!! Yes I have severe OCD, sorry CDO lol.

I usually ask what kind of music my client would like to listen to to relax as everyone is different. I like to relax to classical music eg clair de lune, stuff like that but some people like listening to very recent stuff cause it makes them calmer. Me and hubby have a HUGE variation of music as I like the classical and recent stuff and he likes screamo rubbish and stuff like that so I've very rarely not got the type of music my clients would like to listen to.

Leanne
X

Clean & tidy salon!

Towels folded in a nice pile, salon smelling nice, has to be warm & cosy.

Music I let client choose, as I have a 50" plasma in my salon. Up to them if they want music or their favourite tv programme!

I've been to salons where therapist talk about there problems etc, and it used to annoy me, that I've come for some me time, not to hear them rabbiting in my ear!!

I let client talk, and follow on.

But which way is your correct way? Mine has to have the free edge outward but my mum likes the free edge against the wall xoxo

Oh no the free edge has to be totally hidden haha! Folded in 3 ten 3 again ... OCD!!! X

Ocean music.I don't find moaning whales and clicking dolphins very relaxing.I also hate being cold or left unwrapped I like to be cocooned.

I hate it when a therapist doesn't wrap you up, it would put me off going back for sure x

When I've been for facials I cannot bear the therapist leaning over me stinking of smoke. I had an obese girl leaning over me once stinking of B.O, stale smoke and cheapo perfume which she obviously hoped was gonna mask the smell but soooo didn't. Argh I wanted to throw up!

When I've been for facials I cannot bear the therapist leaning over me stinking of smoke. I had an obese girl leaning over me once stinking of B.O, stale smoke and cheapo perfume which she obviously hoped was gonna mask the smell but soooo didn't. Argh I wanted to throw up!

Not sure what being obese has to do with the above?

I've had treatments by all shapes and sizes and endured pongs from all of them from garlic breath to awful perfume that makes me feel sick. Nothing to do with their size....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

To be honest, I'm a bit offended by the obese comment. I was told once that I'm obese by a client and it pretty much broke my heart cause I was going through a lot at that time. It took me a while to start doing treatments again cause I thought everyone thought the same!!

Leanne
X

Not sure what being obese has to do with the above?

I've had treatments by all shapes and sizes and endured pongs from all of them from garlic breath to awful perfume that makes me feel sick. Nothing to do with their size....

God you always have to nit pick with me don't you! Do you spend your time looking for my posts? Do you like stirring up trouble where none was intended?

She was huffing and puffing over me as she was obese and out of puff which she herself admitted to being "out of condition" thus she was breathing stale smoke breath heavily in my face.

God you always have to nit pick with me don't you! Do you spend your time looking for my posts? Do you like stirring up trouble where none was intended?

She was huffing and puffing over me as she was obese and out of puff which she herself admitted to being "out of condition" thus she was breathing stale smoke breath heavily in my face.

Sorry Waffle! If she herself said she was 'out of condition' then thats ok I guess. Its when the clients are so lovely to your face then completely slate you to your manager that gets my goat. I hate smelling of anything other than nice with my clients so I always have mints and breath spray and perfume in my bag for when I get back from breaks and lunch.

Leanne
X

I don't think its nit picking as much as stating someone's size doesn't mean much. My cousin is obese, gets out of breath easy and smokes, but doesn't stink or have smokers breath. She uses mints after smoking and rinses with mouthwash and constantly carries a breath spray.
I do get what you mean about smoke smell though. I smoke and am rigorous after having a cigarette to remove all smells from my breath (clothes aren't important as I always wear a zipped up coat but still spray anyway.) and most people don't know I smoke because of it. Xoxo

I don't think its nit picking as much as stating someone's size doesn't mean much. My cousin is obese, gets out of breath easy and smokes, but doesn't stink or have smokers breath. She uses mints after smoking and rinses with mouthwash and constantly carries a breath spray.
I do get what you mean about smoke smell though. I smoke and am rigorous after having a cigarette to remove all smells from my breath (clothes aren't important as I always wear a zipped up coat but still spray anyway.) and most people don't know I smoke because of it. Xoxo

Ditto Tomme, I hate smelling of smoke and always eat stinky food for lunch like pesto, garlic etc dunno why, just love them!! I always ask the girls at work if they can smell food or smoke on me and they always say no!

Leanne
X

Ditto Tomme, I hate smelling of smoke and always eat stinky food for lunch like pesto, garlic etc dunno why, just love them!! I always ask the girls at work if they can smell food or smoke on me and they always say no!

Leanne
X

Love love love <3 &#128157; garlic! A whole bulb goes in spaghetti bolognese, with garlic bread and mushrooms as a starter. Xoxo

Love love love <3 &#128157; garlic! A whole bulb goes in spaghetti bolognese, with garlic bread and mushrooms as a starter. Xoxo

Oooh! That sounds so good! Hubby loves making cheesy garlic bread bites! Piece of toast, loads of garlic paste, cheese over the top and grill it till the cheese is bubbly!! :D:D mmmmmm and PPP for dinner (pesto, pasta nad parmesan) used to have it all the time as a kid!!

Leanne
X

Oooh! That sounds so good! Hubby loves making cheesy garlic bread bites! Piece of toast, loads of garlic paste, cheese over the top and grill it till the cheese is bubbly!! :D:D mmmmmm and PPP for dinner (pesto, pasta nad parmesan) used to have it all the time as a kid!!

Leanne
X

Ooh sounds lovley. Might go for a jar of pesto tonight, its that or a Tesco fine in for 2 with mash, chicken and asparagus with a cheeseboard and rose xoxo

Believe me I have better things to do with my very valuable spare time than chase you round the forum looking for your posts.

However, I was reading this thread and I found your comment flippant and offensive. And regardless whether she said what she did, it's irrelevant. An unfit, "thin" person could just as easily be huffing and puffing in your face smelling of the things you describe.

I see no reason to mention that she was obese. And seems I wasn't alone in thinking that particular comment was unnecessary.

Just to add, I love garlic too. If you chew on some fresh parsley after it gets totally rid of the smell :wink2:

Salon geek is starting to become stressful to read!!
Every single thread there are arguments, if we wanted drama we would go else where. Everyone needs to chill out!!
Christ knows how would be if we were all in one room together, pack of animals!
Now smile and get a glass of wine, it's 6o'clock somewhere!

Talking of sniffy things, being a mobile hairdresser I absolutely can't stand it when a clients dog sniffs my bum :| horrifies me and gives me a complex lol ...

Talking of sniffy things, being a mobile hairdresser I absolutely can't stand it when a clients dog sniffs my bum :| horrifies me and gives me a complex lol ...

Lol! Random but funny and actually I hate it too, though I can't imagine anyone enjoys dog sniffing round their bums lol x

i too hate lilac! once had eyelash extensions done and the therapist actually blew on my eyes - fag breath and coffee, blech! was also frozen as there was no heating on and i was giving no covers. and regarding the arguement, iv came to learn that beauty/hairdressing ia one of the bi***iest industrys! cheer up, its christmas!xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back