Pet insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybunnyx

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

What pet insurance do you all recommend need to insure my puppy lol x

I recomend pets at home life time cover. The ones that re new every year are not so good as if your dog gets something wrong with them thats ongoing like diabetes your only covered for that year it becomes a pre exsisting condition the next year so its no longer covered. Life time policys will cover for the life of your dog as long as you dont miss a payment.

I pay £20 a month for my lab and we are covered for £9000 a year and its renewed every year. Covers everything. I lookee into a lot of different ones before i chose pets at home. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I use Pet Plan and find them very good.

As recommended by my vet and other owners, Petplan.
Not the cheapest, but hopefully the best. They do different levels of cover.

Yes i looked at pet plan it was double pets at home for same policy

Thanks for replies!!

I was thinking pet plan, but I thought that was pets at homes insurance ? X

I'm with pet plan we have a bullmastiff it's £105 a month for 12 grands worth of insurance a year we have to have 12 thousand as a knee op for a bully is 7 thousand alone lol

No compleatey different companys. X do some online research on the companys websites to fine the best for you and.your dog, what bread do you have. X

I'm with petinsurance.co.uk which is a branch of E and L and they have just paid out 3500 for my dog that i've had to pay for vet bills

Make sure the policy cover limit is per injury/Illness and not per year.
Ie my friend had dog that had a life long illness that covered up to x amount of ££ year so once that year/amount was up she was not covered for the rest of his life and once an issue is know and already been paid out for she couldn't change company. She ended up paying out £25,000 of her own money including cashing in money her parents had saved for her wedding when she got married.

petplan for me! £40 a month for both my bulldogs and that's the platinum lifetime policy

Hello
I use protect your bubble really good policy good price I had to make a claim and it went great and paid out a week later I have a golden retriever x

I use protect your bubble for my pup and my phone x

Petplan. Brilliant, I was cheeky and asked for a free month and they gave it to me!

Hi there,
My vet recommended Sainsbury's insurance as it's supposed to be the closest comparison to Petplan and vets said they'd never had any problems. I've got a large 42 kilo Rottie/Lab cross and I think I pay about £17 per month.

Ok. Thanks everyone, I have a cross jack Russell n chihuahua x

I shopped around and found Tesco pet insurance the most competitive and offered good cover. Enjoy your puppy ! x

I use animal friends for my cats. Its only £4 per month each but that covers everything. Best advice is go onto compare sites and see what each individual company offers. X

Latest posts

Back