Petition to go to Parliament

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exquisitebeauty

Reaction score
been looking a lot bout this subject an reading comments etc but i think something needs to be done so im asking you to sign a petition to go to the goverment to stop beauty salons an hairdressing salons being open and run by unqualified therapists, nail techs & hairdressers. sick of hearing bout places opening up an clients being put off from having treatments because they've had a bad experience else where with an non qualified therapist i think the law needs to be changed because its getting out of hand. Could you also sign the petition with reference to nss importing illegal dangerous acrylic into the country to get them closed down until they purchase the correct acrylic powders.

please put you name salon name location an if you wanna add anything thats fine.

been looking a lot bout this subject an reading comments etc but i think something needs to be done so im asking you to sign a petition to go to the goverment to stop beauty salons an hairdressing salons being open and run by unqualified therapists, nail techs & hairdressers. sick of hearing bout places opening up an clients being put off from having treatments because they've had a bad experience else where with an non qualified therapist i think the law needs to be changed because its getting out of hand. Could you also sign the petition with reference to nss importing illegal dangerous acrylic into the country to get them closed down until they purchase the correct acrylic powders.

please put you name salon name location an if you wanna add anything thats fine.

I would be more than happy to sign...

I believe students should be allowed to gain work experience as long as they are supervised.

Unsupervised students setting up a business on a High St or at worse someone completely untrained should be outlawed.

This should be for Hair, Nails, Tanning, Beauty, Tanning, Aesthetics, ALL of the industry.

There should be much tougher governance on EBay or other auction sites re: obscure unidentifiable product from ANYwhere NOT just Hong Kong.

Something needs to be done as it's putting so much at risk and undermining all of us genuine therapists that are trying to earn a living.

I think this will require regulation and protection of title. I believe the governments stance on this is that they prefer voluntary self governing of therapies where possible.

Also its not hard or expensive to go and take a few day courses to qualify in beauty or nails. For a few hundred pounds you could be qualified and able to get insurance for quite a few therapies. But as we all know, just taking these courses does not make you ready for clients - its the beginning of your own personal journey of learning. So I dont think that would stop the unscrupulous.

Perhaps licensing from local councils would work. Perhaps it could be a requirement to show not only that you have the qualification, but you have experience too. But of couse that would not do anything to stop mobile therapists.

I think the government decide on the basis of 'likely harm'. I think nails and beauty are considered as safe therapies.

xx

Perhaps licensing from local councils would work. Perhaps it could be a requirement to show not only that you have the qualification, but you have experience too. But of couse that would not do anything to stop mobile therapists.

xx

I agree and I think some local authorities already do this, for instance to open or own a salon you have to have minimum NVQ2 in beauty therapy, but as someone has said even this qualification you can pay to get and obtain in a short period of time through a fast track course, then going forward that person who opens the salon could employ untrained staff.

I am mobile so dont know much about all the rules for opening a salon, but once opened do they not get regular inspections like a food outlet would for health and safety?

I totally agree something needs to be done, I know of a few clients who have bought gellish, shellac etc on the internet mainly from one site (dont want to mention names) it drives me mad.

bumping it up

Latest posts

Back