Phd Safewax issues with tubes of wax splitting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missmel

Reaction score
Hi

I've been using the Phd waxing system for a couple of years now without too many problems. However for the last few months I've been experiencing problems with the tubes of wax splitting at the bottom and pouring into the machine. :irked:

When it first happened I didn't think too much of it and thought that it was probably a one off. A couple of months later I needed to replace the machine, just after the guarantee had expired unfortunately, so I had to pay for it myself and then the same thing happened again with another batch of wax!

Fortunately Ellisons customer services were very helpful and sent me a replacement wax machine and renewed the whole batch of wax too. They said that they hadn't had it happen before but now I am beginning to wonder because it has just happened again today - another tube of the new batch has split in the corner at the bottom. It doesn't look like it's spilt into the machine this time but its really annoying! :evil:

Has anyone else had problems with this too? I can't be doing with this problem all the time!

Missmel

Their telling little lies, the same happened to me, I always use their honey wax but gave the creme wax ago and it split everywhere so they sent me a new machine, what wax do you use? Xx

Hi
I also had problems over a year ago, they were having problems with the crimping of the tubes, I changed systems as a result.

more than little lies, :eek: i too have had problems with the splitting more than once.

Thanks for your replies. It's actually the honey wax that it keeps happening with as I haven't tried any of the phd creme waxes yet, but that's interesting to know that it obviously isn't just a problem with their honey wax.

Can I ask you Beauty Room which waxing system you now use? It's been so long that I used a pot and spatula that I'm reluctant to go back to the old type of waxing system. I also chose the phd system because of the risk of cross contamination with the old pot wax and spatula systems.

I used to use the clean and easy roller system but started having problems with that too.

This happened when i was at college!
One of the girls was practising at home and a tube split and went all over her rug, which she successfully claimed for.
Some tubes split at college too!
That was 3 years ago - an ongoing issue obviously

Hi I use clean and easy for legs and pot and spatula (Perron Rigot) for all other areas, but I also am not that pleased with clean and easy wax!

I love PHD and have used it for years, but recently (as in the last 3 months), I've had 3 tubes split open, but at the top. I use the tea tree creme wax, I thought it was because I had overtightened an applicator head, and split the tube xx

Just thought I would add its always when its about half empty, it has never happened with a brand new full tube

Hi I use clean and easy for legs and pot and spatula (Perron Rigot) for all other areas, but I also am not that pleased with clean and easy wax!

I had problems with the clean and easy wax cooling too quickly after application and then it became impossible to remove! Again, I used the system for years without any problems until I got fed up with the hassle. I have got Perron Rigot for delicate areas too but I'm not very confident in using the hard wax so don't use it very often.

It's interesting to hear that the phd tubes-splitting problem is an ongoing issue that the manufacturers still haven't been able to rectify :confused:

Oh god!! I use PhD but (touch wood) the tubes have not split yet :( hope this problem gets sorted xx

Thanks Stephanie, hopefully it won't happen to you too. I have left it with the customer service department at Ellisons and apparently they are looking into it. Hopefully it'll get sorted soon with any luck! :)

I use Phd and have done on and off for the last 10 years and never had any split tubes but for the last four or so years I have used an Australian Bodycare heater so maybe its the Phd heater that is causing the tubes to split in someway ?

I am going to buy a Phd heater in the new year so I will look out for any problems.

Hi folks, I have changed to the phd system recently and have to say no problems so far. I used the wax pot and spatula system before and I will never go back. I do mobile services too and with the old system I got into a right mess as when the wax is heated its spills out in the car and once I a client made me jump and I managed to knock the pot off my trolley and wax went everywhere!!! three hours clearing it up and six months later still have traces of it:Scared:. I find phd so much quicker and economical too. The clients love the fact of applicator heads. and no spills on floor. Although Ellisons says they have never had this problem before LOL, they know that they have or why would they be happy to exchange the system? Its good that they will.

Hi. I've had a PHd system for six or seven (maybe more...) years now. I've had a problem with the tubes splitting too, but didn't take too much notice as I don't do a huge amount of waxing anymore. HOWEVER, this is my second heater because the first one gave up on me and I think it was the element that went. Now, my heater can be temperamental. Sometimes it heats and other times doesn't. There's no loose wires, and I've tried it in a variety of sockets, but it's not those.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? How long to do you expect your heater to last? This one has had literally a fraction of the work that the first one did. Now I'm due to buy some more wax tubes (I use the tea tree) but I'm unhappy about buying 15 tubes of wax when the heater might expire at any moment! You used to be able to buy in packs of 6 but I can't see this option anymore).

Can I use PHD tubes in an Australian bodycare heater? (Just want to know). Don't think I could go back to pot and spatula and don't like roller systems as the heads are never really clean between clients....

ALL suggestions welcomed! Even ones that contradict the above...

@ little voyce: It's interesting that you've had problems with your new phd heater, because I don't think that my new machine is working properly either. This machine is different from the last one because the light flashes on and off intermittently, (I guess it's the thermostat) whereas with the last machine, the light was on continuously.

However I wonder if the machine is heating up efficiently because sometimes it feels cool to touch, unlike the last heater. It is also difficult to determine when it's switched on as I have it plugged into a timer switch which can be a bit temperamental.

Little Voyce - How long have you had your second phd heater for? PHD have obviously changed the system but I wonder how recently, because it could be causing a lot of the problems with the tubes splitting etc.

Missmel x

Latest posts

Back