Pics of hand painted French polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphrodites

Reaction score
Would you mind posting any pics you've done of French polish by hand? There are alot of threads on here about correcting smile lines, and I'm getting confused. The only thing I do is tidy up if I get any polish on the skin, not the smile line. There's no way I can be doing this perfect, to be honest I havnt done many as if I did extensions with French finish I tend to use White tips. So I would be very interested in seeing others work. I have searched the pics section but they seem to be mostly extensions, not hand painted. I have pics of French manicure on my website x

Would you mind posting any pics you've done of French polish by hand? There are alot of threads on here about correcting smile lines, and I'm getting confused. The only thing I do is tidy up if I get any polish on the skin, not the smile line. There's no way I can be doing this perfect, to be honest I havnt done many as if I did extensions with French finish I tend to use White tips. So I would be very interested in seeing others work. I have searched the pics section but they seem to be mostly extensions, not hand painted. I have pics of French manicure on my website x

Hi, there are some hand painted french smile lines in the Shellac lover's group. Hope you find what you are looking for. :)

These are hand painted with Shellac on natural nails.

I swept the smiles with a dry brush before curing & the adding a top coat

Welcome to Facebook

Are the hand painted french nails using the brush from the nail polish or are you using a separate brush ?

These are hand painted with Shellac on natural nails.

I swept the smiles with a dry brush before curing & the adding a top coat

Welcome to Facebook

Wow! These are gorgeous! I really wish I could get my smiles like this. I know it takes practice, but I fear mine will never look this beautiful. So pretty. I'd be proud to wear these.

I may have to try and book in with you when I'm at my mother-in-law's. :D

Are the hand painted french nails using the brush from the nail polish or are you using a separate brush ?

I use the brush from the bottle to apply the white - in the pic above, then swiped them with an old pro styler cnd brush.

Wow! These are gorgeous! I really wish I could get my smiles like this. I know it takes practice, but I fear mine will never look this beautiful. So pretty. I'd be proud to wear these.

I may have to try and book in with you when I'm at my mother-in-law's. :D

Lol, sure xxxx

in the spa that I used to work in, we used Leighton Denny products wich are fab!!
they have a tool called the precision corrector brush and liquid! and it is brilliant for correcting smile lines! have a look on his website at it! i wouldnt use anything else now! xx

Thank you so much for the lovely comments :o.... I used to hate french polishes so much and would dread when a client would ask for one... but after lots of practice, now I love them!!

I use the brush from the bottle and just make sure not to have too much polish on the brush, by dragging one side of the brush clean of polish, so the polish is only on the other side...

Then I pull the lateral folds of the skin fairly tight to expose as much nail as I can and pull it away from the skin, then I sweep the white paint from left to right in one go, holding the brush at a 45 degree angle and try to apply the polish to the very end of the nail so it's completely capped to avoid any chips later.... I never clean up a french paint... if I make a mistake I take the whole lot off and go again.

Here's another one I did today for a client who had her Bio Sculpture gel overlays removed... these are done with Orly bare rose and Miza heaven white polish.. her natural nails look fab now... they were so short when she came in first and she was worried that the gel would ruin her nails and as you can see.... she needn't have worried about that :D

http://www.salongeek.com/members/an...nails-after-bio-sculpture-gel-soaked-off.html

in the spa that I used to work in, we used Leighton Denny products wich are fab!!
they have a tool called the precision corrector brush and liquid! and it is brilliant for correcting smile lines! have a look on his website at it! i wouldnt use anything else now! xx

I have that at home and have used it quite a bit. Keep finding the little brushes laying around all over the place. I must admit it is a very good product!

Thank you so much for the lovely comments :o.... I used to hate french polishes so much and would dread when a client would ask for one... but after lots of practice, now I love them!!

I use the brush from the bottle and just make sure not to have too much polish on the brush, by dragging one side of the brush clean of polish, so the polish is only on the other side...

Then I pull the lateral folds of the skin fairly tight to expose as much nail as I can and pull it away from the skin, then I sweep the white paint from left to right in one go, holding the brush at a 45 degree angle and try to apply the polish to the very end of the nail so it's completely capped to avoid any chips later.... I never clean up a french paint... if I make a mistake I take the whole lot off and go again.

Here's another one I did today for a client who had her Bio Sculpture gel overlays removed... these are done with Orly bare rose and Miza heaven white polish.. her natural nails look fab now... they were so short when she came in first and she was worried that the gel would ruin her nails and as you can see.... she needn't have worried about that :D

http://www.salongeek.com/members/an...nails-after-bio-sculpture-gel-soaked-off.html

These look lovely too! Am so jealous right now :o Need to get practicing I think. I do try to swipe from side to side but always find I end up with a crooked line, then try to correct or paint again and it just goes horribly wrong. I can only hope people like coloured nails rather than French lol

Latest posts

Back