Pictures using Flawless pink...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Does anyone have these in their gallery. I'm having trouble keeping it consistent and not marbeling. ALso the mix ratio's anyone might have would be great

Thanks,x

Hi Deb,

I found flawless a bit tricky to use at first, as i could always see where i applied zone 3. I found out that when applying you have to slightly overlap each zone so it blends in easier. If you are finding that its marbelling, it may be your mix ratio is too wet? Just a guess though.

I have the same problem in zone 3, it looks a little see through. I often get marbelling too. I think it is to do with your mix ratio. You have to get it right with each bead and overlap aswell. I tried a mix the other day on my nail with flawless and it looks ok apart from zone 3.

When i use flawless pink, i'll offer the client a really subtle pink powder with sparkle in it, like funky town or super freak eriko from ezflow, which i go over the flawless in zones 2 and 3. This disguises any flaws you may have when you use flawless like the marbelling or unevenness. So the client is having their problem nails ammended by using the flawless pink and also having a bit of sparkle to pretty them up a bit!

So what do you do. Put a layer of flawless then another of the sparkle on top?

The way Ketan showed us how to use flawless is just to use it in Zone 2, make sure the bead melts into the nail (just like you would in Zone 3), then use intense pink in Zone 3.

If you melt the bead in Zone 2, you won't get any marbelling in Zone 3

There is a picture in my gallery (which was a custom blend but it's the same theory) - the custom blend is in Zone 2 and intense pink in Zone 3

HTH
Trin
xx

If for instance i am applying french using flawless, i apply white in zone 1. Then i apply my flawless, but a smaller bead than i would normally use as i am then going to put a thin layer of glitter acrylic over the top. If i feel i need to i will apply a very very thin layer of clear over the glitter acrylic in zones 2 and 3 so that when i file i dont file it all away.

Hi Trinity, i saw your custom blends before i think on another post. Did you use flawless on its own in zone 2? Just wondering as i tried a mix of flawless and intense but it didnt hide everything.

they look fab trin:biggrin:

I.ve just looked in your gallery, very nice. Was this Flawless alone in zone 2 and intense in 3. What did you use for the tips, they look very natural. I have been using white mixed with natural to achieve this.

Trinity Nails said:
The way Ketan showed us how to use flawless is just to use it in Zone 2, make sure the bead melts into the nail (just like you would in Zone 3), then use intense pink in Zone 3.

There is a picture in my gallery (which was a custom blend but it's the same theory) - the custom blend is in Zone 2 and intense pink in Zone 3

HTH
Trin
xx

Trinity Nails said:

HTH
Trin
xx

Sorry if this is going to sound thick, but is intense pink a powder you can buy or is it a mix you make up?

Hi, Intense pink is a powder it is a cooler more intense pink than perfect pink.....and it is a clear/translucent pink unlike the flawless which is opaque.....

Another tip for zone 3 when using flawless or an opaque custom blend in zone 2 is to mix 1 part of your zone 2 powder with 3 parts clear powder for zone 3.....

I used to do this but I now tend to just use the custom blend or flawless in both zones, really concentrating on getting my mix ratio spot on and consistent with every bead....also it is crucial to apply zone 2 correctly....as someone has already said, make sure you are thinning it at the edge of zone 3 so it is flush to the natural nail, same as you do with zone 3 at the cuticle.....and also apply zone 3 slightly overlapping this....then it should appear seamless......consistency is the key........

izzidoll said:
Hi, Intense pink is a powder it is a cooler more intense pink than perfect pink.....and it is a clear/translucent pink unlike the flawless which is opaque.....

Another tip for zone 3 when using flawless or an opaque custom blend in zone 2 is to mix 1 part of your zone 2 powder with 3 parts clear powder for zone 3.....

I used to do this but I now tend to just use the custom blend or flawless in both zones, really concentrating on getting my mix ratio spot on and consistent with every bead....also it is crucial to apply zone 2 correctly....as someone has already said, make sure you are thinning it at the edge of zone 3 so it is flush to the natural nail, same as you do with zone 3 at the cuticle.....and also apply zone 3 slightly overlapping this....then it should appear seamless......consistency is the key........

Thanks for that Izzy, that explained it really well for my little brain cell.:D

Hi

The picture in my gallery shows Soft White in Zone 1, a custom blend using flawless (purple, blue, melting pot, etc) in Zone 2, then Intense pink in Zone 3

I have also used the same method with just flawless but it's too pink for my nail beds so I needed to custom blend.

Latest posts

Back