Pictures, Words, Names & Copyright

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I want to do some leaflets to promote myself and to pop thrugh peoples doors as I have just started up again, learnt some new skills and want to get some customers.

I noticed tonight watching X Factor that Cheryl Coles lashes looked lovly and long without looking too long and hugely obviously false like Jordans and thought this would be a really great way to get people to buy into having semi permanent lashes. If I use their names on my leaflets would I be breaking the law in anyway and what if I used pictures of them?

I'm not going to put anything about Jordans lashes looking horrible cos I understand that wouldn't look good and I know there are people out there that want that I just wanted to put something along the lines of the lashes I do looking naturally beautiful like Cheryl's rather than extreme like Jordans.

Help! xxx:confused:

Legally you can't use their names or pictures without permission from them if you're trying to sell something.

shame - thanks for that though, at least I won't get myself into trouble! Can anyone suggest any good wording/phrases to use to promote my nails and lash business without using celebs names whilst still insinuating that you could look like a celeb? Thanks xx

shame - thanks for that though, at least I won't get myself into trouble! Can anyone suggest any good wording/phrases to use to promote my nails and lash business without using celebs names whilst still insinuating that you could look like a celeb? Thanks xx

Well you could say 'Get the celebrity lashes and nails look'
or 'Look like a celeb with beautiful eyes and nails'
or ' Get the star treatment with fabulous nails and lashes' Just a few suggestions. Hth:)

Latest posts

Back