Pierced Ears -changing the studs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
I have had pierced ears for about 10 years. I initially had the little studs that you get in the Studex kit and evetually (years later) wanted to change them. I did....but the new earrings made my ears rather sore, they bled infact. So I began wearing the old ones again. About 5 years ago My BF bought me a pair of platinum studs and I have been able to wear those with no problem. However I lost the back of one and now I am without my earring and I hate it!!So, to the question lol....Why does this happen to my ears when I want to change my earrings-Why didn't it happen with my Platinum studs? Can I possbly start wearing something else? I have had my Belly botton pierced and that was with Titanium and that has been fine. I was wandering if I could try a titanium stud????Any help from those in the know would be great. xxxx

could be you are allergic to cheap metals...(maybe why they bled )....you can try stainless steel, titanium, gold,white gold.....you might have better luck....

Do you reckon that the posts were a little wider so that made your ears bled?

usually the post that you get pierced with are wider than 'regular' post ...so maybe not....sounds to me as if your ears just did not agree with the earrings you had in them.....
but do you move your post back and forth.....and twirl them while they are in your ears?......if not they could have bled from that as well.....if you do not move the earrings.... your skin will heal around the post.... (not completely healing on the inside )..........but moving them allows he skin to heal in a "tunnel effect"....thus allowing for the changing of earrings.......

Hiya,

Well I think that it must be the allergy thing. The stems were thicker for myu Platinum ones and as I said, they were fine. I think I will give the titanium ones a try and see how I get on .

Thanks xxx:hug:

wishing you luck....:hug:

Latest posts

Back