Pinching in sidewalls question....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Jst wondering if anyone ever pinches in the sides - when using tips? I was always taught to thin out the tip as much as possible before applying product, so theres more product than tip (if you knw what i mean!) I use l&p... so will it be ok to pinch the sides of the tip in while the product is still wet? Will it give more of a c curve?

Im entering a comp for first time this wkend!!! Gettin nervous now!!! lol!!

Yes you can pinch tips but you have to thin them down to almost paper thin, then apply your product and only pinch when the product is almost set or you will move the product out of place,
also be careful not to pinch to hard or you could split the tip if it is not thinned down enough and it can be uncomfortable for the model too if pinch too much hth
good luck with your comp :hug:

I never pinch tip applications in the salon.....even if you thin the tips down to wafer thin you always have the chance that the pinch will pop.....tips have memory.......for competition, try and find tips with a fab c curve so you don't need to pinch.....and never pinch wet product, you'll be setting yourself up for over exposure and messing up your application with the pinch.

Latest posts

Back