Pinching tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mally101

Reaction score
Do you guys do this for a more narrowed look when applying acrylic nails with tips ?

I just use pre pinched tips but if you sculpt then yes gives a nice C curve [emoji108]

Thanks

I watched a vid the other day where the tech just pinched the tip whilst it was adhered to the nail plate. X

Nice! That sounds effective

I sometimes pinch tips but don’t find it necessary for sculptured nails as the forms are cut and tailored to fit perfectly

I always sculpt, and always pinch. You'd be amazed at what a difference pinching can make to the overall look and structure. It really does create a super natural looking, slender nail and adds strength by deepening the c-curve. You don't always have to use a pinching tool either. You can use your own thumb nails. There is a specific point in time when pinching should be done if you are doing it to fresh acrylic and always of course best to sit down with your educator to have a quick session re pinching because if done incorrectly, can also cause damage :)

Alternatively, you can work with a gel that doesn't require pinching - where you can create up to a 50% c-curve on the form, cure with no visible reduction in c-curve.

Latest posts

Back