pink and whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa caputo

Reaction score
when you guys do the white do you think working a little drier is best? im having a hard time getting the orange peel look . and is it better to use a smaller brush or regular one. im trying to change it up a bit to see what i really want to do on my moms nails. i still freeze a little. ive decided to go solo when i move to arizona this year.maybe i rush too much or maybe im nervous. someone help.

Hi LIsa
I guess it all comes down to correct ratio.I make my white jsut a little drier to get a really crisp & bright white,but in saying this it has taken me quite a while to get it exactly right..the only thing I can say is Pratice Practice,Practice..I only its boring but it really does help...anyway good luck if you do dexide to go solo in arizona..:)I use the same brush that i use for the pink a kolinsky no 8...hth

Lisa, I would say that it depends on what produts you are using? OPI for example, with the Express Acrylic suggest you work a little wetter than usual where as cheaper products I have tried need to to be a bit drier. Cant say about Creative or ezflow but I now use nsi and it really is a case of sticking to a particular product and practise till you get it right. If not book yourself in for some training.

when you guys do the white do you think working a little drier is best? im having a hard time getting the orange peel look . and is it better to use a smaller brush or regular one. im trying to change it up a bit to see what i really want to do on my moms nails. i still freeze a little. ive decided to go solo when i move to arizona this year.maybe i rush too much or maybe im nervous. someone help.
Hey lisa:hug:, i see you have passed your masters..did you feel confident and work well on that day maybe? If not give your trainer a call to help you:confused:. Working drier will only set your bead up more quickly..when picking up your bead..perfect ratio is powder disappearing on the count of 3. Just focus on the perfect ratio..if you work too wet you will get marbelling and loss of control..is your bead running all over the place or hard to put in place? Dont worry about the orange peel look IMO..count to 3 the powder should be absorbed..on laying the bead it should dome out slightly and press out evenly with full control of it. HTH And the pro styler is perfect!

Latest posts

Back